We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Romantic Inn suggestions in MV

Warren, New Jersey
Level Contributor
4 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Romantic Inn suggestions in MV

Hi,

My husband and I are planning a week getaway in September. He will be on a short leave before returning to military service in Afghanastan. (we haven't seen each other in 6 months!) Any suggestions for a restful, romantic but interesting place? Considering MV or Cape Cod. Quiet (no children), near a beach and good restaurants? We like running, exploring and good restaurants, book shops and coffee shops.

Mentioned in this post
Cape Cod
Cape Cod
Massachusetts
Martha's Vineyard...
Level Contributor
39 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Romantic Inn suggestions in MV

Outermost Inn in Aquinnah (MV) very romantic +++. Also Charlotte Inn & Hob Nob in Edgartown, not on the beach however.

Also depends on your budget....Colonial Inn in Edgartown is less $ and very nice, and less still is Dockside in Oak Bluffs, very charming and walk to everything !

Have a Great time !

Mentioned in this post
The Charlotte Inn
The Charlotte Inn
142 Reviews
Martha's Vineyard, MA
Edgartown
Edgartown
Martha's Vineyard, MA
Oak Bluffs
Oak Bluffs
Martha's Vineyard, MA
Warren, New Jersey
Level Contributor
4 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Romantic Inn suggestions in MV

Thank you....what about the Victorian Inn?

Martha's Vineyard
Destination Expert
for Martha's Vineyard
Level Contributor
942 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Romantic Inn suggestions in MV

There are quite a few romantic B&Bs on the island and the Victorian Inn is one. Here are a few others to add to the mix:

The Fallon

Jonathan Munroe

the Lightkeepers Inn

The Shiverick

Martha's Vineyard...
Level Contributor
39 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Romantic Inn suggestions in MV

My opinion? Very nice - but not for everyone...more refined than casual, nice for older couples. Not what I think of when I think of romantic island getaways....but depends on what you want. If shopping, finer dining, dressing up, is what you like to do, its great .

One of the challenges of these forums is everyone has a different idea of what is a perfect spot.....its personal.

Myself, we are looking for an alternative to St Martin for our winter vacation, after going there like 10 yrs in a row, (same hotel, same room!) its sooo hard sometimes.

Mentioned in this post
Warren, New Jersey
Level Contributor
4 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Romantic Inn suggestions in MV

If you want a great vacation alternative to St. Martin...try

Cinque Terre, Italy. We love it there!

Mentioned in this post
Boston
Level Contributor
1,368 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Romantic Inn suggestions in MV

I have had dinner at the Outermost Inn, never stayed there but plan to. However, it's at the far western end of the island and quite isolated. You would not be in a town, and would need to drive in to get to any of the towns. On the other hand, it's near one of the spectacular beaches, the one by the Gay Head cliffs. And it's a lovely inn (we toured it).

I think I would recommend instead you stay in Edgartown. Lots to see while strolling around, a few small beaches you can walk to, and you can easily bicycle (or drive) to some of the most wonderful beaches on the island (for example, South Beach, which is about a 15 minute bike ride south of town). There are so many inns and a few hotels in Edgartown. Will you be taking your car over? You probably want to work on getting your car reservation for the ferry right away, if so. Contact the Woods Hole Steamship Authority (the only boat that takes cars and trucks over).

Mentioned in this post
Outermost Inn
Outermost Inn
43 Reviews
Martha's Vineyard, MA
Gay Head
Gay Head
118 Reviews
Martha's Vineyard, MA
Edgartown
Edgartown
Martha's Vineyard, MA
South Beach
South Beach
391 Reviews
Martha's Vineyard, MA
Warren, New Jersey
Level Contributor
4 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Romantic Inn suggestions in MV

MaxieLU,

It sounds like Edgartown is more our speed. Thank you so much for the tip. I think we might get bored after a few days on the quiet side.

Mentioned in this post
Edgartown
Edgartown
Martha's Vineyard, MA
8. Re: Romantic Inn suggestions in MV

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:17 pm, October 07, 2012