We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dining with 11 yr old in Edgartown. Chescas? Lattanzis?

Pennington, NJ
Level Contributor
71 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Dining with 11 yr old in Edgartown. Chescas? Lattanzis?

I am staying in the Vinyard next week and could use suggestions on where to dine in Edgartown with an 11. We had terrible experiences in Edgartown with kids a few years back (one of the places with 2nd story dock on the water.) Looking for option of plain pasta dishes, chicken dishes. Of course the adults would love something a bit better!

Reviews for Chesca's and Lattanzi's look great. Are they OK for kids?

bothell, wa
Level Contributor
107 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Dining with 11 yr old in Edgartown. Chescas? Lattanzis?

I was just at Chesca's a few weeks ago and it was very good. The food may be a bit gourmet and pricey for an 11 year old. Dinner for three of us was $270.00 including wine, appetizer, entree and one dessert. Not sure you want to spend that much on an 11 year old??

There were children there, but not many....

Pennington, NJ
Level Contributor
71 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dining with 11 yr old in Edgartown. Chescas? Lattanzis?

Thanks! Just the kind of feedback I was looking for. Chescas sounds like a bit much for us.

I will watch for ideas from others on places that might be suitable.

Or perhaps we'll stick with VH and OB as dining destinations. We had more in those spots there last time we visited.

MV2
NJ
Level Contributor
147 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dining with 11 yr old in Edgartown. Chescas? Lattanzis?

Hi - you don't say what other places you tried in Edgartown but our family has found that The Wharf, Newes From America and Main St Diner work well with kids from 6 years and up. Also Among The Flowers is good.

outside nyc
Level Contributor
70 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dining with 11 yr old in Edgartown. Chescas? Lattanzis?

newes is great pub grub and have taken my 8 y o to eat . go around 3 to 5 and beat the crowds.

Pennington, NJ
Level Contributor
71 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dining with 11 yr old in Edgartown. Chescas? Lattanzis?

Thanks, folks!

Burlington, Vermont
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Dining with 11 yr old in Edgartown. Chescas? Lattanzis?

We just took our 3-year-old to Chesca's last week and they were lovely to us. They made her a special whole wheat pasta with garlic and oil and it was just delicious. I think the key is to go early with kids. We also went to Alchemy and ate on the porch upstairs. The food and service were great and she had a little space to move. It was a lovely romantic little corner to ourselves which would be nice without kids too. I thought Lattanzi’s was a little bit of a kid ghetto, if you know what I mean. Maybe the food was good, but I didn’t want to eat in a place crammed with screaming kids. It’s not just depressing, but it doesn’t give them a good idea of how they are supposed to behave in a restaurant.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
2 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dining with 11 yr old in Edgartown. Chescas? Lattanzis?

took our then 10 year old to Chesca's last year for dinner. They could not have been nicer, and she was not the only kid. It is pricey, (as is everything on the island, because, let's face it, they have 90 days to make a living) but not anything I would call "gourmet." He/she will find suitable dinner choices there. Food at Chesca's is better prepared, however, than some Island wannabe-gourmet places. Avoid Atria, where we were treated like dirt when we came with a child. (Also, though I understand the need for high prices, I viewed theirs as outright gouging.)

8. Re: Dining with 11 yr old in Edgartown. Chescas? Lattanzis?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:22 am, September 08, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Edgartown