We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Favorite restaurants in Dennisport??

Which Dennis Port hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Massachusetts
Level Contributor
146 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Favorite restaurants in Dennisport??

After some great suggestions here, we will be staying in Dennisport for an anniversary weekend in late June.

What are your suggestions for restaurants??

We'll be eating all meals out, so all favorites are welcome!!

We like seafood, steak, pasta for dinner.

We like chowder, lobster bisque, great sandwiches for lunch.

We like bagels and also full breakfasts.

Thanks!

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
13,511 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Favorite restaurants in Dennisport??

Where did they locate Martha? So now we have a dollar store and a two dollar (Christmas Tree) store as well huh?

Hadley...
Level Contributor
817 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Favorite restaurants in Dennisport??

Woops...It 's called the Dollar Tree Store, not Yankee Dollar.

www.dollartree.com/home.jsp

It is in the old Stop & Shop/A&P location. It really is an improvement.

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
13,511 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Favorite restaurants in Dennisport??

Wow, do they have the whole space? I had heard (actually a few years ago) that they were going to divide the space. Maybe that's what they've done?

Anything would indeed improve that area. You're full of good news Martha.

Hadley...
Level Contributor
817 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Favorite restaurants in Dennisport??

They have half the space Charlie(90%) sure.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
146 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Favorite restaurants in Dennisport??

So many to choose from! Here are the ones in Dennisport we went to:

Wee Packet: incredible breakfast. Excellent service. Reasonable prices.

Had Eggs Benedict and Western omelet with hash browns. I was amazed at the speedy service on an extremely busy morning.

Sundae School: Great ice cream. Lots of choices for flavors. Awesome hot fudge. Nice retro atmosphere.

Swan River Restaurant: a recommendation from a hotel staff member. Her favorite because the seafood is fresh from the fish market there. Excellent food. Seafood Strudel was delicious. Nice view of the river while eating. Great service. Live music in the bar while we were eating made our evening even more enjoyable.

Wanted to try the Ocean House, but were at the other end of the Cape that night, so we'll have to try it next time. Sounds really nice.

Thanks again for all of your suggestions. I am keeping the list for future visits.

Boston...
Level Contributor
198 posts
Save Reply
26. Re: Favorite restaurants in Dennisport??

Glad you enjoyed your dining selections - where did you stay and did you enjoy that as well

We are headed down in a weeks time and I just re-read this thread - I agree with the earlier post by caribchakita about Clancy's/Chapin's on Lower County Rd. Our family ate their over the Memorial Day weekend - the place was packed but five of us had dinner and only one of us liked/enjoyed their meal even one of the kids thought their meal was awful. Wont be back there.

I guess they only have to get every visitor in once while they are there and dont have to rely on repeat business

Edited: 9:02 am, July 06, 2010
Atlantic Coast
Level Contributor
289 posts
Save Reply
27. Re: Favorite restaurants in Dennisport??

That's a terrible marketing strategy isn't it? Especially with visitors sharing so much information readily available on the net.

28. Re: Favorite restaurants in Dennisport??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, January 03, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Dennis Port