We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Corsair in Dennis Port

Which Dennis Port hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York
1 post
Save Topic
The Corsair in Dennis Port

I am interested in finding out more about The Corsair - is it nice? is it clean? This is the first time I am going to the Cape and want to know is Dennis Port a good place to go? I really need to have a large room or suite and a heated outdoor pool and an indoor pool would be a bonus!

I appreciate any feedback. THX

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
13,133 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Corsair in Dennis Port

Dennisport is a great place to go. Accomodations are reasonably priced. They pretty much all represent good value especially those on the beach like the Crossrip and Corsair. I haven't been inside those but for years we stayed nearly next door to them at the Shifting Sands because the rate there was lower. (Shifting Sands can no longer be recommended under the new ownership. I heard that they are just waiting for approval to change it to timeshares, tear it down for condos or something.) However, I am writing to tell you that you have indeed chosen a nice location right on the beach. Within easy walking distance you have the upscale Ocean House restaurant where you can dine on a full deluxe meal in the restaurant or go into the 'happenin' bar/lounge and have gourmet pizza and other appetizers. A lot of people like the New England style Ebb Tide nearby in the other direction and if you have to wait they have an above average gift shop too. Of course you can't miss having some homemade ice cream at Sundae School. Also, a fun place to have lobster is Clancy's Beach House just a bit west of Sundae School on Lower County and you might also really enjoy a meal at Woolfies from breakfast (and this is a bakery) through dinner. You can skip La Scala on Depot St. and THE place to go for candy and especially salt water taffy is Stage Coach Candy on 28 across from Benny's. If you want to call the Dennis Chamber for info. you could give them your hotel requirements and see if they can be of help matching you up. 800-243-9920. I hope this helps you a little if only to confirm your choice of Dennisport on the warm Nan. Sound.

Level Contributor
3 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Corsair in Dennis Port

The Three Seasons resort in Dennisport is fairly reasonably priced. The outdoor pool is heated and the rooms are large. (Bathrooms are small though). Rooms have small refrigerators. They are right on the ocean and also own Ocean House restaurant, an upscale eatery right next door. Also, we have been staying in at the Dennis Seashores cottages for about 8 years. Usually the cottages are booked a year in advance, but you may be able to rent one late in the season. They are all walking distance to the beach. No pool.

Get answers to your questions about Dennis Port