We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wee Packet - closed

Which Dennis Port hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
12,940 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Wee Packet - closed

Wee Packet didn't open last summer as the owner retired.

Don't know what will happen now but the sign on the building says it is under contract. It's parking lot kitty corner to the restaurant is now a new, big house.

Isle of Palms...
Level Contributor
495 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Wee Packet - closed

Ah,

Bob Briggs wee-packet.

During College vacation, me and the boys's rent houses in D-port; one summer, just across the St. (78 Depot). Wee Packet saved me many a morning after cheap beer night at the Improper.

I wish BB a long and healthy retirement.

Cheers,

K

Cape Cod
Level Contributor
101 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wee Packet - closed

This place was popular with older locals and apparently Summer help but never caught on with tourists in any big way.

Too far off beaten track (Lower County Road) and lack of advertising in media led to closing.

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
12,940 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wee Packet - closed

Hi C'est

I'm surprised to hear you say that wee packet never caught on since it operated since 1949 by Bob Briggs and then continued under Bob's kids Rob and Sheila. They also openned the bakery next door in 1997. Anyway, we only went there a couple of times for Lobster Roll so it didn't catch on with us. But what's wrong with the location? Sundae School doesn't seem to suffer much from their Lower County position. I will be interested to see if there are lines at the new ice cream place in 28 in August. I think they are very gutsy taking on Sundae School with a location that close.

Level Contributor
3 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wee Packet - closed

It's back to being "Wee Packet" again! We went there this past July for the first time after all these years of vacationing in Dennisport. I can't compare it to the previous version, but it was really nice to know that someone resurrected the old restaurant . Hope they succeed.

Hartford...
Level Contributor
525 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wee Packet - closed

We went in July, just for breakfast since it wasn't yet open for lunch and dinner. Good breakfast. Missed the statue of Bobby Briggs and the tatoos he used to hang out for the kids!

We always loved the Wee Packet and it always seemed to be busy for the past 12 years we've been vacationing on the Cape. I'm glad some one is bringing it back to life. I just wish they didn't knock down the "Barn of Fun" at Playland. My boys were devastated.

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
12,940 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wee Packet - closed

Yeah the owner died and subsequently her daughter sold it to the town and, as of early June, there were no plans for it. (However the Ebb Tide owner is getting in on something with the restaurant on Chase. Did you realize that this property goes all the way to the beach?) We used to play skee ball there, have fun giving our tickets to the kids so that they could get bigger prizes and playing an occasional round of their pitch and putt golf. Things change whether we like it or not huh?

Yarmouth Port...
Level Contributor
11 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Wee Packet - closed

Yes, Wee Packet is open for Bkft, lunch and dinner. Didn't have a chance to try it, didn't appear to be as busy as in past years. Didn't notice the bakery to be open. The Ebb Tide has purchased the old Tuckers Tavern on Chase Ave. Plans are to knock it down and rebuilt a new restaurant to open next year. Should be nice!

Provincetown
Level Contributor
94 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Wee Packet - closed

yes myself and my wife went last summer 2005 and new owners took over, he is Irish and has worked in the industry a while and they have big plans for the restaurant,he told me he was getting a new chef for the premises,maybe the propeitors can respond here on there plans

Midwest USA
Level Contributor
94 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Wee Packet - closed

We ate at Wee Packet on our Cape vacation last week...It was very good. They've remodeled too and it looks good. The location is out of the way for some travelers, but what really helps is the 4 way stop signs so cars are not just driving by. The cars stop and if they are looking for food it is right there.

Buffalo
Destination Expert
for Buffalo
Level Contributor
2,307 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Wee Packet - closed

OMG, the Barn of Fun is gone??? I haven't been home in a while...when did that happen? And I read in the Harwich Oracle online that the Harwich Port Dairy Queen burned down, too. There goes my childhood!

Get answers to your questions about Dennis Port