We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cost of Eden Cape Cod Screwball bracelets

Ottawa, Ontario
3 posts
Save Topic
cost of Eden Cape Cod Screwball bracelets

I'm hoping to get an Eden Cape Cod Screwball bracelet, and possibly more (earrings?) later in August when I visit the Cape.

Can anyone share their experience with what time is best to go to Eden Hand Arts, are there still line ups, and what are the costs of the bracelets (sterling as well as two tone) and earrings.

Also, are the knockoffs any good and how do the prices compare.

Thanks,

Karen

Mentioned in this post
Eden Hand Arts
Eden Hand Arts
123 Reviews
Dennis, MA
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
14,658 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cost of Eden Cape Cod Screwball bracelets

I've heard Wednesday & Thursday mornings are the best time to arrive; the shop opens at 10 AM, but I would think you'll want to arrive appreciably earlier. The bracelets are custom-fitted to the size of your wrist, which I don't think is true of the knock-offs. Some of the knock-offs I've seen are actually more expensive than those at Eden Hand Arts.

If you don't wish to stand on line while on vacation, you can order the Dennis bracelet on line from a branch of the Eden Hand founder's family:

http://www.firesongsilverworks.com

Mentioned in this post
Eden Hand Arts
Eden Hand Arts
123 Reviews
Dennis, MA
Boston
Level Contributor
44 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: cost of Eden Cape Cod Screwball bracelets

It is worth the wait to stand in line to get a custom-fitted bracelet. The price does not differ incredibly when buying a knockoff - maybe 30 dollars max (for a bracelet, that is). It seems Eden has many unique varieties of bracelets, whereas the knockoff stores do not. I have a knockoff that my fiance bought for xmas. Although I love it, it is slightly big.

I don't know much about earrings. I bought a knockoff soft chain necklace years ago for approx. 40 dollars and have been very happy with it.

Good luck in your search!

boston
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: cost of Eden Cape Cod Screwball bracelets

Hi....don't look into the imitations, they dont fit as well nor are you supporting the original maker.

About the cost.....i bought the orig. silver/silver screwball bracelet in summer '05 & it was $63.00. Perfect fit!

I just bought the silver w/gold screwball this past weekend, aug. '06, and that is a perfect fit also. That was $99.75.

I've been there 3 times and have never waited more than 15 minutes. I've been there all different times...no science to it. There are usually two lines when its busy...one to the left & one to the right. If you wanna shop around and see everything they sell....go in the right line (longer wait). But the line on the left is for those who know what they want. You will save yourslef alot of time. Whoever is working is usually wearing a number of bracelets to show the styles so u can see for yourself.

Sorry, I dont know much about the earrings.

Hope this was helpful!

Ottawa, Ontario
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: cost of Eden Cape Cod Screwball bracelets

This was VERY helpful, thank you so much!!

Karen

Ottawa, Ontario
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: cost of Eden Cape Cod Screwball bracelets

r. gypsy wrote:

i bought the orig. silver/silver screwball bracelet in summer '05 & it was $63.00. Perfect fit!

I just bought the silver w/gold screwball this past weekend, aug. '06, and that is a perfect fit also.

Hi r.Gypsy -

lucky you to have 2 bracelets, the silver & silver & gold! I'm having a tough time deciding which one to get! Perhaps one on this trip, maybe another on a future visit. I do love silver but I also wear 2 tone stuff, which one do you think??

Karen

Newington, CT
Level Contributor
1,244 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: cost of Eden Cape Cod Screwball bracelets

I'd love the silver & gold to match the earrings hubby got me for our anniversary. Personally, I like the two-tone, but that's me ;-)

Naomi

Newington, CT
Level Contributor
1,244 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: cost of Eden Cape Cod Screwball bracelets

Not bad prices, I actually expected them to be higher. My husband paid about $85 for my (2-tone) CC earrings, purchased in Ptown Mem Day weekend.

8. Re: cost of Eden Cape Cod Screwball bracelets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:19 pm, August 16, 2009