We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trips

Inverness, United...
Level Contributor
133 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Trips

On our weeks stay in Truro in May is it worth taking a trip over to Martha's Vineyard or Nantucket? I am sure we will find plenty to do on the mainland but was just wondering if there is anything different to see on the islands?

Inverness, United...
Level Contributor
133 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trips

Just notice I put this on the Dennis forum in error, should have been on the Cape Cod one.

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
13,517 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trips

There is MORE than enough to keep you busy with activity visiting the various towns on the Cape without going to the islands but if you are intrigued by the idea then certainly do a little research into what they have to offer that would be of interest to you. BTW, there are separate boards for each island that where you can consult with folks who love those islands.

Denver, CO
Level Contributor
94 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trips

Fiona,

Since you didn't mention what specific days you'll be able to go to Martha's Vineyard (if that's what you elect to do), I thought you might like to be aware of planned activities over there so far for the month of May 2009.

This website might help:

http://www.marthasvineyardtickets.com/search.php?month=5-2009&promoterid=&type=&name=+By+Event+Name

I hope you enjoy your trip!

P.S.

I've not yet been to the UK (I'm hoping to go sometime, as my father is English & my mother is Scottish) but I'm a bit curious...do you know if Inverness, UK is as beautiful as Inverness, Nova Scotia, Canada?

Curious PITAPITA

4. Re: Trips

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:25 am, September 13, 2009