We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chatham area with young kids

Which Chatham hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Masachusetts
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Chatham area with young kids

Hi, we are renting a house in Chatham in August. We have 3 young children (3 year old twins and a 6 year old). We are looking for suggestions for:

- family friendly (but good!) restaurants in Chatham or nearby towns (we plan to go to the Chatham Bars Inn clambake one night)

- playgrounds in the area

- favorite ice cream spots

- other places that might be fun for the kids

- ideas for rainy days (fingers crossed that we won't have any...but just in case!)

Thanks in advance!

Boston...
Level Contributor
814 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Chatham area with young kids

DO a Seal Cruise if you haven't (Monomoy island)Rip Ryder

Montclair, New...
Level Contributor
346 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Chatham area with young kids

Great suggestions and even if the OP does not come back I know it will help others. I will remember the Junior Theater and the Museum in case we have some rain. I can't add much more to the list of things to do in Chatham since we dont stay there but like many others we take at l east one trip to the pier to see the seals and beautiful view. Afterwards we pick up fresh seafood at the market there and take it back to our rental and grill it. I agree with the poster who said the best place to eat with kids is usually back at home. My best suggestion for the nights you eat out is get there early to beat the crowds. My kids love those casual self service seafood places like Kream n Kone so we make at least one trip there and of course there is always room for homemade ice cream after regardless of where we eat.

13. Re: Chatham area with young kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 pm, October 02, 2012