We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seals

south shore MA.
2 posts
Save Topic
Seals

How long are the seal around there were is the best place to see them also do u still have to pay to get on the beaches I would like to go down next weekend but I do not want to spend a lot of money going from beach to beach to get my photos

Thank you

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
460 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Seals

They stop charging for beach parking after labor day. If you hang out at the fish pier in Chatham you can see seals when the fishing boats come in.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,146 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Seals

The pier is an easy place to see the seals.

I have a couple of pics of Chatham harbor here.

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g185492-r392…

Connecticut Yankee
Level Contributor
6,052 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Seals

Our group found it intriguing that when we were last on the boat and hanging around the seal filled sandbar near Minister's Point that the seals came out to greet our boat. This is the First time this has happened to us.

I hope that the seals haven't been tempted with food treats to encourage their continued presence.

We are loaded with seals up here. Loaded. The sharks have found the perfect spot to feed.

Cape Cod...
Level Contributor
3,243 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Seals

Fortunately the Chatham beach crowd has left for the season and the timing is perfect for beach-walking/shark-sighting. The tourists will flock to Chatham to see the sharks and seals! Let's hope that the 2010 beach season finds a friendlier swimming atmosphere in Chatham. Looks like the sharks pretty much took care of the problem of dangerous swimming currents off South Beach by keeping folks out of the water and may actually be a blessing in disguise, saving the town from having to monitor the swimming in that area.

Hadley...
Level Contributor
817 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Seals

Watch a Capecast video about seals in Truro:

www.youtube.com/watch…

6. Re: Seals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, March 16, 2010