We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Carriage or Captain's?

Brussels
Level Contributor
14 posts
Save Topic
Carriage or Captain's?

Hi,

I am staying in Cape Cod with my parents ( aged 55-60) for a week in August. I am hesitating between Captain's House and Carriage House Inn. They both look great. Any recommendation?

TIA

Cape Cod...
Level Contributor
3,250 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Carriage or Captain's?

I think they are owned by the same couple...both have great reputations and as I recall they are close to one another, on the outer edge of town. You will probably want to drive most places from either location so pick the one that suites your needs.

Connecticut Yankee
Level Contributor
6,052 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Carriage or Captain's?

Hi there: Have you read the reviews of both inns on Trip Advisor? They're both getting rave reviews.

Afternoon tea is available at Captain's House Inn.

Carriage House Inn is about a 1/2 mile from downtown Chatham (from their site) and Captain's House is about a mile from downtown Chatham.

Both inns have won awards of distinction..I don't think you can go wrong with either place.

West Springfield, MA
Level Contributor
96 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Carriage or Captain's?

Not sure what you are looking for. Is it just you with your parents?? Do you have children? Stayed here 10/2007 at the Captain's House. It was great.

Had breakfast delivered every morning to room. Nice rooms, the bed was the most comfortable I have ever slept in. It is quiet, my first B&B liked the fact that We had our own bathroom. Would definitely go back. Great for couples, young or old. Would not bring a baby/child here.

4. Re: Carriage or Captain's?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 9:05 am, May 22, 2009
Bonaire
Level Contributor
5,944 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Carriage or Captain's?

I had Tea at Captain's House awhile back. It was nice, but a bit odd. We were not guests and did not feel warmly welcomed. We were also the only folks having tea. Might go back soon and give it another go.

6. Re: Carriage or Captain's?

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 1:48 pm, May 22, 2009
7. Re: Carriage or Captain's?

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 7:38 am, July 09, 2009
8. Re: Carriage or Captain's?

Removed on: 7:35 am, May 23, 2009
Chatham
Level Contributor
19 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Carriage or Captain's?

Have you chosen a place yet ?

Chatham
Level Contributor
19 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Carriage or Captain's?

I worked at the Captains House Inn for several years if you want some insider advice...