We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Chatham for us

Which Chatham hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
NJ
Level Contributor
88 posts
Save Topic
Is Chatham for us

Hi - my boyfriend and I would like to spend 3-4 nights up at the Cape in mid August. We plan to go from Sunday to Thursday.

We are in our mid 40's and will be celebrating his birthday - won't have any children with us.

I am trying to decide what area of the cape would be best for us and then which accomodation. I already know I don't want to venture all the way up to Provincetown. Want to stay in lower, mid or outer cape.

I'd prefer a quieter spot, romantic - some nice dining, and that is about it. I know the Cape is far from quiet in August, I know there will be traffic and lots of kids and families there at that time - - but some Inns do cater to an older clientel and older kids such as the Captains Inn in Chatham.

Just trying to explore all my options. Anyone have any other ideas or places to suggest?

Thanks!

Connecticut Yankee
Level Contributor
6,052 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Is Chatham for us

You might check out the Bradford Inn on Cross St. It's right in downtown Chatham, close to shops and restaurants, but still very quiet. New rooms in newer buildings, newish rooms in refurbished buildings and some rooms in the main inn. They have a small pool. Friends stay here regularly and love it.

Chatham Tides (also a favorite of friends) is outside of town, off of rte. 28 heading toward Harwich Port,gorgeous views of the Sound;it's right on the beach. The advice to get a room with a balcony directly overlooking the beach is prudent. The rooms aren't anything too special...this place is all about the great location.

NJ
Level Contributor
88 posts
Save Reply
22. Re: Is Chatham for us

Thanks for all the suggestions - we will think about all of them. :)

NJ
Level Contributor
88 posts
Save Reply
23. Re: Is Chatham for us

Thanks all! will look into all these options.

Leaning towards Wayside or Bradford - but still thinking about it.

Chatham...
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Is Chatham for us

Lean more towards the Bradford Inn ! Nice and quiet - not directly on Main Street (one building between) so you don't get the noise of the street sweepers going by in the wee hours of the AM. A/C in all the rooms, nice pool, small pub, afternoon snacks, breakfast - very accomodating.

South of Boston, MA
Level Contributor
68 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Is Chatham for us

CBI and Wequassett are exquisite 5 star places. Neither are near downtown Chatham as you can see by MapQuest. Both have pools, beachside bar/grill and water shuttle to outer beaches off Monomoy Island s well as their own beaches. Most guests never leave the property. I would suggest one afternoon in downtown Chatham for shopping, galleys, etc.

Winstead Inn is on the water in Harwich Port as is Sandpiper Inn.

Sandpiper is the least expensive.

I would not personally stay at Wayside because it is right in the middle of downtown Chatham, which means constant tourist walking traffic and a longish walk to Lighthouse beachHope this helps

26. Re: Is Chatham for us

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:24 am, September 22, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Chatham