We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

water skiing/docks

Westchester, NY
3 posts
Save Topic
water skiing/docks

I am planning a vacation on Cape Cod this summer and am curious if anyone can give me some information about boating on a lake. We hope to stay at Nickerson. Has anyone taken a boat to the Cape? My boat is a kept on a lake at home so I prefer not to put it in salt water. We primarily like to use it for tubing and water skiing. Any ideas. Thanks for

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
9,814 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: water skiing/docks

Yes, we have taken a boat to the Cape, but always sailed in Pleasant Bay and the Town Cove in Orleans. Both are saltwater. No water skiing or tubing in freshwater to my knowledge, but I may be wrong. There are certainly fresh water "ponds" as they are called on the Cape and you can boat on them but I don't know about the other activities.

Newport, Rhode...
Destination Expert
for Newport, Providence
Level Contributor
2,356 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: water skiing/docks

Check out Long Pond in Harwich/Brewster....I know they used to allow waterskiing. Not many other fresh lakes that allow it though.

Boston
Level Contributor
185 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: water skiing/docks

Have you got your reservations at Nickerson yet? They're closing a portion of the park for the month of July, so hopefully, you nailed that down already. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that all the ponds at Nickerson only allow low-horsepower boats (or no horsepower!), so check that out as well. Here's a link to a site that lists many boat ramps on the Cape. Scroll through to find Brewster, and click on map. Good luck.

visit-massachusetts.com/current_category.249…

Westchester, NY
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: water skiing/docks

Thank you for responding to my question. I will check out the boat ramps etc.

5. Re: water skiing/docks

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:27 am, February 07, 2008
Westchester, NY
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: water skiing/docks

Thanks for the tip about Sesuit Harbor! I appreciate all the help I am getting for this upcoming vacation. I find it really helps to do some research ahead of time so you don't waste precious vacation time searching for things.

7. Re: water skiing/docks

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:16 am, September 16, 2009