We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do and see in Billerica, MA

Leipzig, Germany
Level Contributor
23 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
What to do and see in Billerica, MA

Hi,

I am going to Billerica for a month as the company I work for is sending me there. I do not have a driver's license. Can anyone recommend places I should go and visit while I am there, and where I can get some good food. I do not like spicy or sushi. I am hoping to rent a bike while I am there so that it would be easier for me to get around especially in the evenings and on weekends. Is there any bike rental places around Billerica and how much would it cost to rent a bike. Also I really want to go into Boston one weekend I am there to do some shopping, see a movie and take in some sites.

What I would like to know is what would be the best way first for me to get into Downtown Boston and what places should I go visit. Any help and advise would be greatly appreciated.

15 replies to this topic
Woburn...
Level Contributor
232 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: What to do and see in Billerica, MA

Actually that hotel does have a shuttle service that operates within an 8 mile radius of the hotel. They run a nightly shuttle at 6pm to the Burlington Mall. I would call the hotel directly to get the specifics.

Another option is local bus service,but that is limited to daytime Mon-Sat. The 14 bus goes right by the hotel. www.lrta.com

Call or e-mail the hotel directly , I think they are the best ones to answer your question.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod, Massachusetts, Martha's Vineyard
Level Contributor
6,212 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: What to do and see in Billerica, MA

I am glad you were able to provide that information about the shuttle Silverfly! I looked all over the hotel website & did not see it.

Leipzig, Germany
Level Contributor
23 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: What to do and see in Billerica, MA

I would like to thank everyone who has given me advise and suggestions regarding my trip to Billerica :D

Delray Beach...
Level Contributor
622 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: What to do and see in Billerica, MA

Take the purple MBTA commuter train out of North Billerica station which runs often enough for your adventures; and go to Lowell for its national historical park related to the Industrial Revolution and great ethnic food, or go in the other direction to Boston. Check out the travel forums for both cities You can probably bike to the station and make sure you have a bike lock. Look for the website for white pages for bike rentals, but since it will be a month, it may make sense to buy a used bike. In Boston, you can rent bicycles by the hour in a new program the city is promoting, but I would be very cautious to ride a bicycle in Boston due to narrow streets, aggressive auto drivers and potholes, etc. I lived near Billerica many years ago, and it is a nice quiet Merrimack River valley suburban town. Ask your business hosts for ideas and support. Knowing the friendliness of local folks will get you additional invitations to other places, etc. Welcome and hope your month will be exciting and fun!

Leipzig, Germany
Level Contributor
23 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: What to do and see in Billerica, MA

Thanks for the info Bostongirl88

Reply to: What to do and see in Billerica, MA
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Billerica