We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel near The Fillmore

Scranton...
Level Contributor
2,470 posts
135 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel near The Fillmore

We are going to a concert at The Fillmore in April. Can someone recommend a decent hotel for a family of four nearby? If there is one within walking distance, that would be better. Thanks!

8 replies to this topic
Maryland
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
4,890 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel near The Fillmore

Four within an easy walk: Courtyard, Doubletree, Sheraton and Homewood Suites. Some of these have multiple locations within the surrounding area, just make sure you pick the one that's located in zipcode 20910.

Scranton...
Level Contributor
2,470 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel near The Fillmore

Thanks so much tubman!!

PA
Level Contributor
11 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel near The Fillmore

Do any of these hotels have an on site parking lot?

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
4,890 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel near The Fillmore

I believe the Sheraton is the only one that has its own dedicated self-parking garage. The Courtyard's garage is actually an adjoining public parking facility (I'm not sure if the hotel has dedicated spaces, but there's always space available). The Doubletree and Homewood Suites don't have self-parking--but they are each located close to garages (no more than a block away) and I believe will valet for a fee if you don't want to park it yourself.

I wouldn't let the absence of on-site self-parking be a dealbreaker--there are plenty of public parking facilities in downtown Silver Spring close to each of these hotels.

PA
Level Contributor
11 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel near The Fillmore

We were planning on taking motorcycles & do not want to leave them off site.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
4,890 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel near The Fillmore

Understood, not something I thought of. The Courtyard is a better property & location IMHO than the Sheraton, and I'd suggest calling the hotel directly to get the full story and voice your concerns on the parking situation before jumping at the Sheraton. I'm in that garage a few times a year, but haven't had to go as far up to the Courtyard's entrance floor (3rd?) in several years to park--so I can't swear that there's no extra security or that it's still accessible to the general public. If that garage doesn't work for you, they may be able to suggest a private secured parking alternative I haven't thought of. Good luck!

Also worth noting that parking in the Courtyard's garage (while listed at $13/day) is often free if your stay ends on a weekend, when the main entrance/exit gates are left up.

Edited: 5:56 pm, January 04, 2015
Florida
Level Contributor
17,121 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel near The Fillmore

Hi, tubman, not a complete hijack here - we're staying at that Courtyard and arrive on Saturday... do we pull a ticket or something, if the gate is up? or do we go up and park and then pull a ticket early Monday morning? or shall I just get the scoop from the Courtyard..? lol...

Thank you.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
4,890 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel near The Fillmore

I'd check with the hotel. The gate will probably be up with no ability to pull a ticket until Monday morning.

Reply to: Hotel near The Fillmore
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted