We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation from OC to SBY?

Massillon, OH
Level Contributor
178 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Transportation from OC to SBY?

i have a wedding to attend in OC in June. I have a ride there but need to leave early. I found a cheap flight out - SBY to CAK for $124. What is the cheapest way to get from OC to SBY? Is there a shuttle that goes DIRECTLY from OC to the SBY? 'm afraid a 35 min. cab ride will cost more than the flight!

6 replies to this topic
La Plata, Maryland
Level Contributor
1,237 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation from OC to SBY?

I don't know - but try here http://google.com/transit

Massillon, OH
Level Contributor
178 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation from OC to SBY?

Thanks - I tried it before - this is the message:

Your search for transit directions from Ocean City, MD to 5485 Airport Terminal Rd, Salisbury, MD 21804 appears to be outside our current coverage area.

I guess I'll be taking a cab :(

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
5,048 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transportation from OC to SBY?

When an airport's own website's ground transportation page doesn't list any options other than taxi or rental car, that's what you want to do. And that's the case with SBY.

flysbyairport.com/airport-information/parkin…

Figure that the 30+ mile taxi ride from OC to SBY will be about $75 with tip. http://oceancitymdtaxi.com/TaxiRates.html

Depending on the length of your stay, it might even make sense to stop by SBY on your way in and pick up a rental car--especially if you can get it dirt cheap at the last minute via Hotwire or Priceline (your best bet would be to try the same day). Even if this winds up running a few dollars more than a taxi, you may find some value in having your own car while in OC and not worrying about a taxi not showing.

Ocean City, MD
Level Contributor
11,101 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transportation from OC to SBY?

There are 3 rental car agencies IN the airport, i.e. Avis, Enterprise and Hertz, see the link tubman provided. All three are located in the arrivals hall to the left as you enter, baggage claim is to the right. SBY is not a large airport, there's no cafe, only a vending machine.

Edited: 10:26 am, February 01, 2013
Salisbury, Maryland
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transportation from OC to SBY?

You could also call BayRunner Shuttles. One way from OC to Salisbury is around $70 as seen on their website. www.bayrunners.com/east/rates_schedules.asp There is also the local Shore Transit although their pick up times are not flexible and you would have to find a ride to the nearest stop.

Massillon, OH
Level Contributor
178 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transportation from OC to SBY?

The shuttle is from DOWNTOWN Salisbury -at the bus stop - not the airport! Makes no sense to me!!

Reply to: Transportation from OC to SBY?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Salisbury