Hi, I have passed through St. Michael's a few times en route to Tilghman Island, and it looked so cute. I'm planning an overnight trip (staying on Kent Island) next month and wanted to spend some time in St. Michaels.
I will only have Saturday afternoon in St. Michaels. I have read through some posts on the forum and checked some of the area websites, but I was hoping to get some feedback on specific questions and any general advice from people who know the area. In general, I plan on walking around town (I found the self guided tour online), checking out the waterfront area, and maybe going into a few shops or other attractions.
My specific questions are:
1. Is street parking difficult to find (or with a short time limit) on Saturdays in June? If so, are there parking garages/lots available?
2. Are there any places you would recommend for shopping? I would be particularly interested in places that are unique and/or have moderately priced art. Antique shops are not of interest.
3. Is St. Michael's Winery worth a visit and tasting?
4. Are there any attractions I should not miss [Note: My preference is being outside when the weather is nice, so I don't really want to spend time in historic sites/museums unless they offer a unique experience]?
5. Are there any places you would recommend for a light and quick snack/lunch? I would be looking for someplace casual, preferably on the water. I would be fine with takeout or snack type places instead of a sit down restaurant (just don't want fast food chains). I read more about some of the restaurants recommended in other posts and reviewed on TripAdvisor, and while several of them (Key Lime Cafe. Ava's Pizzeria & Wine Bar, Bistro St. Michael's, 208 Talbot Restaurant & Wine Bar, and the Crab Claw) sound like places I would like, given my time constraints and plans to have a big dinner that night, they are not exactly right for this situation.
Sorry about the long post, and thanks in advance for any feedback!