We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Castle In the Sand Hotel in Ocean City, Maryland

Baltimore, Maryland
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Castle In the Sand Hotel in Ocean City, Maryland

Has anyone ever stayed here before and if so what did they think? My son and his friend are going there sight unseen this June for senior week.

York, PA
Level Contributor
2,525 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Castle In the Sand Hotel in Ocean City, Maryland

I haven't stayed there but have heard many very positive things about the property. It is a family-owned and operated hotel consisting 3 suite/efficiency buildings, several cottage apartments, and one condominium unit. I would encourage you to visit the hotel's website at

http://www.castleinthesand.com/index.htm if you haven't already done so. The Castle in the Sand isn't a Hilton or a Ritz-Carlton, but a is a well-kept hotel that is reasonably priced (not an overpriced dump). I would not hesitate in recommending this hotel as long as they allow younger people to stay there for senior week. Hope this helps.

Ocean City, Maryland
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Castle In the Sand Hotel in Ocean City, Maryland

I have lived in Ocean City for over 30 years and would recommend the Castle as one of the best deals in town. Clean rooms, reasonable prices and a great beach. There is an outdoor grill by the pool that serves great food. (this is a locals favorite)

Only a short walk to the boardwalk.

pittsburgh
Level Contributor
722 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Castle In the Sand Hotel in Ocean City, Maryland

We stayed there a couple of years ago and didn't have any complaints. We had a one bedroom efficiency which was very clean, although it could have used some updating. As the previous poster said the pool is very big and the outdoor bar & grill is awesome. We love the live bands they had everyday.

4. Re: Castle In the Sand Hotel in Ocean City, Maryland

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:21 am, August 21, 2009