We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for nearby family beach-semi secluded, clean & nice!

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
62 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for nearby family beach-semi secluded, clean & nice!

My husband, our kids, and I are visiting my husbands Grandma in baltimore this summer, in June sometime, and afterwards we are wanting to go up 4 .5 hours on the east coast for a beach vacation. i have looked into Ocean City it seems small and over commercialized , so therefore a little too crowded for our tastes I believe... Virginia beach was another idea and Sandbridge seemed alright but looking into lodging, it was hard to find something that wasnt in super crowded areas and its very expensive for places that are within walking to beach access. Something else i would be interested in is a house that isnt that close to the beach but had a great pool. Then we could do day trips to the beach and the kids would still have anytime water access. Please let me know any place within 4.5 hours of baltimore that you know of that fits us. Either close to the beach and uncrowded within a huge expense, or not so close to the beach but with a nice pool access. THANK YOU!

pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Ocean City
Level Contributor
3,269 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for nearby family beach-semi secluded, clean & nice!

Check out Bethany Beach, or if you like camping, Assateague would be great.

Hanover, Pa
Destination Expert
for Ocean City
Level Contributor
3,300 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for nearby family beach-semi secluded, clean & nice!

Depending when you go in June the beaches may not be too crowed. Keep in mind the first 2 weeks of June is when high school seniors vacation but they tend to stay around the inlet area of OC. I think if you look into a places 50th streets and above you should be fine for Ocean City.

Bethany Beach is a option as it's not as busy as OC.

Here is some links to vacation homes and condo for rent

vacationhomerentals.com/vacation-rentals/Oce…

http://www.vrbo.com/vacation-rentals/usa/maryland/eastern-shore/ocean-city?property+type=Condo&k_clickid=13afd02d-0d14-92a9-b28d-00001cb1f30c&gclid=CIGn6uqat8MCFSZp7Aod_gEAMA

Edited: 12:27 pm, January 28, 2015
Hanover, Pa
Destination Expert
for Ocean City
Level Contributor
3,300 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for nearby family beach-semi secluded, clean & nice!

Sorry better link

http://www.vrbo.com/

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,352 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for nearby family beach-semi secluded, clean & nice!

Not going to find semi secluded in oc but just north on Fenwick island, it is. Now there is a difference to me between semi secluded and not crowded. Oc toward upper streets becomes less crowded.

Maryland
Level Contributor
1,198 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for nearby family beach-semi secluded, clean & nice!

The community of North Shores in Rehoboth Beach. Private beach, only 1 row of umbrellas even in the busiest times. Community pool and some homes have private pools. It is an oasis from the beach madness. Homes, townhouses and condos for rent. Prices vary greatly based on the accommodation, from basic beach cottages to luxurious beach mansions.

Summit Point, West...
Level Contributor
84 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for nearby family beach-semi secluded, clean & nice!

I would recommend Assateague. The State and National beaches are both clean and nice. They're large enough you can find a spot without a crowd. You're still close enough to Ocean City that you can make a trip in for dinner and the Boardwalk if you'd like. I don't know about Delaware beaches but I've driven up Route 1 and there appears to be many very nice and undeveloped beaches there as well.

New York
Level Contributor
1,045 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Looking for nearby family beach-semi secluded, clean & nice!

I second the Assateague camping suggestion. We camp in the State Park for 10 days every August & love it!! We have our own camper but if you don't, there is a company that rents, sets-up and breaks-down a pop-up for a very reasonable rate. He's a super nice guy, too. Here's the link: http://coastalcamper.com/

BTW.....we usually have the beach to ourselves for most hours of the day :)

8. Re: Looking for nearby family beach-semi secluded, clean & nice!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, February 01, 2016