We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quality Inn Boadwalk/ Ocean City Maryland

Which Ocean City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Pa.
2 posts
Save Topic
Quality Inn Boadwalk/ Ocean City Maryland

Never again will I spend a night in the Quality Inn on th Boardwalk in Ocean City, Maryland...

The room was garbage...The railing on the balcony on the fifth floor was not attached to the wall, the refrigerator had rusty shelves, the closet door was missing, the front door had been broken into many times and the lock didn't work.

The fire alarms..one at 12 AM and then another one at 5AM didn't surprise anyone since improvements had not been made for many years in this fire trap.

What a vacation..being awakened to flashing lights and sirens and a loud speaker calling for evacuation.

Staff could care..I guess this is the regular entertainment..

I think I should get my money back..since I spent two hours in the middle of the night in the car.

York, PA
Level Contributor
2,512 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Quality Inn Boadwalk/ Ocean City Maryland

Which building did you stay in (tower or main)? We have stayed at this hotel almost every year since 1982 and know what you mean about the fire alarms. They have gone off three times that we were here (twice in the middle of the night and once in the afternoon). We even stayed at the Holiday Inn next door the year it opened and were rudely awakened by a fire alarm. Judging by the reviews, the Holiday Inn seems to have had an awful lot of false alarms this summer. By your description of the room, I would guess that you stayed in the main (older) building, which is really starting to show its age. We have been staying in the newly renovated "premium" rooms in the tower building, which have been very nicely redone. The bathroom and kitchen are so much more modern than they were before the renovations. We like the location of the hotel and the private balconies that the hotel has. The staff members are exceptionally friendly and try their best to fix any problems that their guests may have. Last year, after we got into our room, we discovered that the previous guest had shut the in-room safe (which you aren't supposed to do), so we were not able to use it. We called down to the front desk and they sent someone up within minutes to open the safe. I think that if more attention would be paid to maintainance issues and that the indoor pool area would be fixed up a little bit, the hotel could be an acceptable place to stay. In case you aren't familiar with this hotel, the indoor pool area, which includes a unisex bathroom, two saunas, a hot tub, and an indoor pool, has seen its better days. One of the saunas doesn't work and the bathroom is horrendous! One other small complaint that we have about this hotel is that the elevators are slow. If you have any questions about this hotel, please feel free to ask. If you do decide to stay here, be sure to ask for a premium oceanfront room in the tower building and you'll be fine.

2. Re: Quality Inn Boadwalk/ Ocean City Maryland

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:21 pm, August 24, 2009