We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recent Trip

Pa
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Recent Trip

We just returned back from our Ocean City trip, from our central Pa home.

After reading the reviews of several hotels, and checking the availability, we went with the Dunes Manor Hotel. We were happy that we did. The Dunes Hotel was great !. Getting to OC was easy as well. We used several suggestions from this site and used Rt 70 to 695 to 97 to 50 and into OC. On our return trip, we used 404 to get back to 50, and then just reversed the directions. The travel time was the same for both trips. Traffic was heaving in the Baltimore area on both trips, but it did not last long.

The beach was great at OC. Despite some reports, we had no problems with flies or jellyfish.

We ate at Embers one of the nights. It was not bad, but I do not think that I would be returning there.

We did take a sunset cruise ( by Fishtails), which we really enjoyed. For a low price, it was worth it.

Being on 28th Street, we were very happy that the tram was there. For the $5.50, it saved a lot of walking for us. We ended up riding it to the end, and then walking back to 28th. On our last day, we walked to the end, and then rode back, so we did not have to carry everything. So, for the $2.75 ( weekday), per person, you cant beat it.

Overall, we had a great trip, loved the City, loved the beach, and we cant wait to go back !!!!

Joppa, MD
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Recent Trip

Hey redten!

Glad to hear you enjoyed your trip to OC. This is actually my first post here on the forum (hello everyone!), but I've been there at least once a year for the past 30 years. It's really like a second home to me, and even though the city has become very congested, I still love being there. I just don't understand why some people call the city "dirty" or say the beach is horrible, or that there is nothing to do there. Ocean City has made so many great improvements on the boardwalk and they're also tearing down older motels to make room for new ones. Granted, the prices are ridiculous for hotels. But the beach is so clean! I went to Mrytle Beach a few years ago, and their beach was riddled with seaweed, driftwood and the sand just wasn't nearly as fine as in OC. I've never been bothered by flies and jellyfish only seem to be present when the water is especially warm. I spend a lot of time in the water when I'm there, and I've never had a problem.

I've never stayed at the Dunes, but I hear good things and it's at a great location. I'm going down again for a full week next month and we're staying at a friend's condo at the Oceanscape on 65th. Can't wait!!

2. Re: Recent Trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:21 am, August 17, 2009