We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oceanfront hotel open in February

Germantown
Level Contributor
30 posts
66 reviews
Save Topic
Oceanfront hotel open in February

Hi T/A - My husband and I are looking for hotel for a winter getaway from February 7-9th 2014. Looking to spend under $125 per night if possible. We really liked our stay at Commander in 2012 but they don't seem to have rooms available for the dates we need, so reaching out for help please. The requirements are- Oceanfront, private balcony and Jacuzzi in room, and on site parking is a big plus. Does not have to be on the Boardwalk as long as the rooms face the ocean with a direct unobstructed view. Any suggestions will be appreciated . Thanks!

Hanover, Pa
Destination Expert
for Ocean City
Level Contributor
3,151 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Oceanfront hotel open in February

Go to www.ocean-city.com

punch in your dates and see what's available and rates .

For your dates and what your looking I would recommend

Grand Hotel and Spa

Castle in the Sand

Marigot beach Resort

Carousel Oceanfront Suite

An Inn on the Ocean (bed&breakfast)

All of these are oceanfront and good choice for your stay

pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Ocean City
Level Contributor
3,051 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Oceanfront hotel open in February

Go to www.ocean-city.com and go to the yellow box on the right hand side of the page. Enter your dates, then scroll down to where it says "search all rates" and click on it. It will bring up a list of available rooms for that weekend.

The Grand on 21st St has an oceanfront jacuzzi room available for $144. Very nice hotel, but not completely private balconies. However at that time of year, I seriously doubt if that will be an issue. I've stayed here many times and have always been happy.

The Ocean 1 Hotel on the boardwalk has an o.f. room with jacuzzi for $99. I don't know anything about this hotel.

It's a little above your budget, but the Inn on the Ocean is about the most wonderful place in OC for couples. It's OC's only oceanfront B&B, on the boardwalk, and very private and quiet. The owners are gracious and you'll have delicious breakfasts every morning. That's the ONLY time you'll see the hosts. They leave you alone after breakfast so if nobody else is staying there you'll have the whole place to yourselves. The Canopy Room has a jacuzzi. We stayed there last spring and I fell in love with it. The room for your weekend is $165 a night, but to me it's well worth it. Did I mention it is ADULTS ONLY?

Hope that gets you started in your search.

Germantown
Level Contributor
30 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Oceanfront hotel open in February

Thank you tfunky and momoo for the details. Momoo I think the Inn is over our budget for this trip but I will save that for future trips. I like that it is adults only and quiet. Its February I cant imagine it being noisy anywhere in OC. LOL! One more question please - can you tell me what restaurants may be open?

Edited: 9:55 am, December 31, 2013
Hanover, Pa
Destination Expert
for Ocean City
Level Contributor
3,151 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Oceanfront hotel open in February

Sarah,

I don't have a list of what restaurants are open this time of the year but this is from a fellow insider who has some knowledge of some restaurants that are open during the winter.

"Many restaurants in OC are open year round, although some only on weekends. Most restaurants in major hotels are open all week all year round. Some places you can go that will be open at least on weekends in December include:

Captain's Table (15th Street of the boardwalk in the Courtyard by Marriott - 410.289.7191) - Great food at a great mid-town location. Open year round and they take reservations.

Harpoon Hanna's (Route 54 - 800.227.0525) - Excellent seafood open everyday year round.

BJs on the Water (75th Street - 410.524.7575) - Good food, views of the bay, diverse menu from sandwiches to seafood and steak, kitchen open until after midnight everyday all year.

Victoria Room (28th Street in Dunes Manor - 410.289.1100) - Good place with a great view of the beach and the ocean.

Harborside (West OC) - Great casual place with excellent food overlooking the commercial harbor. I go here almost every time I visit OC.

Fager's Island (60th on the bay - 410.524.5500) - Both fine and more casual dining. Great food, drinks, and views of the bay. Excellent sunsets timed to the 1812 overture.

Captains Galley II (West OC on south side of the commercial harbor 410.213.2525) - A great seafood place for the whole family. Traditional dining downstairs and crabs and casual dining upstairs. They have excellent crab cakes and other seafood items, but also have great non seafood dishes too. I eat here often with my family.

The Shark on the Harbor (West OC on the north side of the commercial harbor 410.213.0924) - Very good food with a bit of an eclectic menu that changes almost daily based on the fresh foods they can get. They take reservations. Call to check when they are open.

Lombardi's (94th Street 410.524.1961) Great pizza, subs, and Italian food in a casual atmospher. Open everyday year round

If you go to the Visitors Center at the south end of the Convention Center at 40th Street, you can get a list of what is open when and what specials they are running each night."

Germantown
Level Contributor
30 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Oceanfront hotel open in February

tfunky- WOW! Thanks for that great list! That gives us a lot to look for while there. I read reviews for Ocean1 (formerly Haven) and it seems like a good deal for a quick weekend getaway at $99 for oceanfront Jacuzzi room. The reviews are mixed but I know I have to read through the lines on the so-so ones and not see one persons experience as what mine will be. I appreciate your time and efforts to help us with our trip. I'll print the list of restaurants above and take that with us. Thanks again. Sarah :-)

pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Ocean City
Level Contributor
3,051 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Oceanfront hotel open in February

Let us know how the hotel is. If it is a new purchase (new owner) they may have had it fixed up. I'll be waiting to hear.

And do try the Captain's Table. Excellent food. Good food at the Clarion Hotel too. Their restaurant is called Horizons.

Hint: Pick out a couple of restaurants that sound appetizing and check their websites. There is usually a coupon for a glass of wine or something on each site.

Also, there are two indoor mini golf places open year round......one on 68th and one on 136th St. Ice skating at the Carousel Hotel (small fee for rental skates), movie theaters are open. Malls, etc. close by 5 or 6, so it's really quiet at night. But if the weekends are nice,you'll find some things open on the boardwalk. FIsher's Popcorn is usually open till 3 on the nice weekends. Enjoy!!

Edited: 4:58 pm, December 31, 2013
Germantown
Level Contributor
30 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Oceanfront hotel open in February

Thank you Momoo - sorry for the late response. I think it may be new owners as even their website states it was formerly the Haven Hotel. But I will certainly keep in touch about our stay. My husband and I should be booking a hotel by this weekend and I'll post again afterwards to let you know where we ended up.

pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Ocean City
Level Contributor
3,051 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Oceanfront hotel open in February

Just a quick note........the Shark on the Harbor is closed this year off season. It was always open in the past, but they decided to close this winter.

Germantown
Level Contributor
30 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Oceanfront hotel open in February

Hi Everyone, just wanted to update you and thank you so very much for your time and efforts to help me plan my trip. We were supposed to go this Friday but sadly, we had to postpone this trip for a few more weeks - we hope to visit in March instead. I will keep all the helpful hints you gave me and hope we can visit soon. :-)

10. Re: Oceanfront hotel open in February

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, February 07, 2015