We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marathon training while on vacation

Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Marathon training while on vacation

My family and I will be vacationing in O.C during the 3 rd week of sept. I am training for a Nov. marathon and am look for a good place to run 18 to 20 miles.

Thanks

Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Marathon training while on vacation

Looking*

Ocean City, Maryland
Level Contributor
614 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Marathon training while on vacation

RT 54 between Fenwick Island (North OC ) to Selbyville De is approx. 12 miles with bike ( running path).

Traffic should be down to a minimum by late September. I bike it several times a week in the off season.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,177 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Marathon training while on vacation

There is a circle you can make out 54 and then had North and east to Bethany and then south to OC by the shore rd. Don't have roads in front of me but can get for you if needed. This wouldbe 20 miles from 101st st.

Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Marathon training while on vacation

Thank you

Ocean City, MD
Level Contributor
10,981 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Marathon training while on vacation

It is 10 miles between the Inlet and the Delaware line, you could run on the hard sand during low tide, no traffic. You can alternate into the soft sand, which is much more difficult.

Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Marathon training while on vacation

That would be great. Thanks

Baltimore, MD
Level Contributor
203 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Marathon training while on vacation

You could also run from OC to West OC and then take Rt 611 into Assateague. I don't think there are enough miles in Assateague alone but if you started in OC (or even the West OC park and ride) it would be a nice run.

8. Re: Marathon training while on vacation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, August 24, 2014