We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

quailty inn and suites on 33rd

pittsburgh, pa
6 posts
Save Topic
quailty inn and suites on 33rd

Just wondering if anyone has heard anything about this hotel...Read the reviews heard good and bad. Thanks!!

Westminster...
Level Contributor
408 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: quailty inn and suites on 33rd

I have stayed there - It is OK, a bit dated - Building is laid out strangely

new jersey
Level Contributor
336 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: quailty inn and suites on 33rd

I have stayed there several times, most recently last fall (2012). Our room was very large, comfortable and clean. The hotel has a strange mixture and variety of rooms and mu;ti-room suites of various sizes and layouts and you have to walk through a series of some indoor and some outdoor hallways to get to some rooms. My oceanfront efficiency room was large, had great views with a large balcony, and had been renovated. At the time that I was there last year, some rooms had been renovated while others had not. The hot tub has been turned off for over a year (some issue with making it ADA compliant?) and the indoor pool looked kind of dirty so I didn,t swim in it. The outdoor pool has lounge chairs and sun most of the day, but it had freezing cold water and it is in a very strange place - on a rooftop adjacent to the parking deck (I think you have to go to a floor like 3 or 4 to access it. There is another abandoned oceanfront outdoor pool next to the hotel that hasn't been used in many, many years. As I recall the elevators are kind of slow and the front desk staff were not as friendly or helpful as I am used to in Maryland. There is a multilevel parking deck (which means you may need to go down several floors to walk across to the lobby if you end up parking in a high floor) but some of the floors of the parking deck have direct access into the hotel (I don,t remember exactly how this worked - it may have been some sort of keyed access)..

The location is great. I have never eaten at the restaurant so I cannot comment on the food.

York, PA
Level Contributor
2,527 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: quailty inn and suites on 33rd

It hasn't been the same since hotel changed ownership in 2007. The rooms are advertised as being "newly renovated" although I think there have been few improvements made other than the carpet being replaced and the walls repainted. It could be nice again if given some TLC and modernized.

pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Ocean City
Level Contributor
3,043 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: quailty inn and suites on 33rd

Hi. I recently stayed there, plus was given a tour of the entire hotel in April. NEARLY all the rooms have been renovated including bathrooms, carpeting and furniture. It's not my taste, (done in golds and browns) but it's new and clean. We like the hotel. When we were there in April, the hot tub was being replaced, so it wasn't in use then. Should be fine by now. They don't have a restaurant on site except for breakfast. Very good creamed chipped beef. Some of the hotel rooms you have to go outside to enter, but those are the rooms that are oceanfront on the left side of the hotel. You can't beat the staff. They will go way out of their way to make sure you're satisfied. They also have two private condos available to rent......but they aren't cheap. These are luxury condos and demand a VERY high price, but if you can afford it, that's the way to go! I definitely will stay there again without any hesitation.

pittsburgh, pa
6 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: quailty inn and suites on 33rd

Thanks everyone I appreciate the feedback

Edited: 12:26 pm, August 05, 2013
Hanover, Pa
Destination Expert
for Ocean City
Level Contributor
3,147 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: quailty inn and suites on 33rd

I second Momoo reply as I too toured the hotel and stayed there in June. I'm staying there in September for bike week and I know I made a good choice.

May I add the hotel has a indoor and outdoor pool.

7. Re: quailty inn and suites on 33rd

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, August 07, 2014