We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weekly bike rental

Which Ocean City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Weekly bike rental

Anywhere in boardwalk area to rent bikes for the week?

Ocean City, MD
Level Contributor
10,082 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weekly bike rental

You can only ride bikes on the boardwalk until 11 a.m. I have no idea of the costs, you can call between 7 a.m. and 11 a.m.

Dandy Don's Bike Rental has 2 locations, 11 St. & the Boardwalk and North Division St., 410-289-2289.

The Wobbly Wheel is on 1st St., just off the boards, 410-289-2453.

There's another, but I can't think of their name.

Just a FYI, the 24 hr Super Walmart in Berlin (3 miles west of the Rt. 50 Bridge) have bikes for $99. (plus 6% tax).

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,082 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weekly bike rental

There is also a bike rental place in Fenwick at other end of OC. The riding in OC can be a little hinky if not used to roads as the bikes share the lane with buses and turning cars. But, biking from North OC towards Bethany is much safer with the wide bike signed shoulders even though traffic is faster because you have the lane to yourself.

Ocean City
Level Contributor
338 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Weekly bike rental

Bike riding in OC in season is not a great idea; traffic is heavy and many people aren't used to the area so get distracted. Bikes typically use the bus lanes, which are also used by cars entering and exiting the highway. Really not very safe; okay if you're out early in the AM, but goes downhill from then on. OC has a public bus system that's inexpensive and convenient, can take you anywhere in OC for a few dollars a day. Would consider getting exercise some other way and holding off biking, if planning to use the bike for real transportation.

Essex, Maryland
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Weekly bike rental

There are MANY places to rent bikes along the boardwalk.

I'm sure you could swing a deal with any of them to rent for the week. Since most of them charge at least $6 for an hour, can't imagine they would charge less than $100 for the week to rent.

If you do purchase a bike, at the end of your stay, it could be donated to the Atlantic Methodist Church on 4th street. They have a GREAT thrift store - I'm sure they would take a week-old bike and find a wonderful home for it.

Not only can it be dicey riding a bike on Coastal Hwy, after 8AM on the boardwalk, what I like to call Amateur Hour kicks in full swing. I like to get my ride in before then...

Or invest in a bike rack and take your own bikes. That bike rack pays for itself from saved bike rental fees easily in a week if you bike multiple times, then you start "making" money. We did that with great success, although it is a bit more work packing and unpacking.

My apologies for the verboseness of this post. Also hopefully not telling you stuff you already know.

Have fun on your trip!

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Weekly bike rental

Great information everyone! I appreciate the honesty and ideas.

Baltimore, MD
Level Contributor
203 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weekly bike rental

Fenwick Island bike shop is good and they will deliver. https:/…57626844750

Pennington, New...
Level Contributor
1 post
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weekly bike rental

Do yourself a favor... rent your bike anywhere else than Fenwick Islander! Amazingly rude owner without a smile or even a look in your eye. My son said "that guy obviously hates his job". Lied to us about what bikes he had to rent, and when we called him on it, he pretty much just walked away and said see ya. Five minutes up the road in Bethany is a much better rental store with much better bikes and better prices.

Edited: 3:18 pm, August 06, 2013
8. Re: Weekly bike rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, August 08, 2014