We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Celebration Restaurant

Which Ocean City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Baltimore
Level Contributor
30 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Celebration Restaurant

Hi, We're celebrating our 40th anniversary with our family- 7 or so- next Monday and we'd love suggestions for a nice place. We used to just love the old Hobbit outdoor deck- so something outdoors with a great view would be the best, but good food and wine and nice ambiance are most important. Reviews of Hooked look promising.

thanks for any suggestions.

Barbara and Vic

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,068 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Celebration Restaurant

Catch 54. Winner on all counts

Hanover, Pa
Destination Expert
for Ocean City
Level Contributor
3,019 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Celebration Restaurant

Also a idea is a rooftop restaurant like

Galaxy 66, Peaky's or Jordan's

Just thinking outside the norm..

Edited: 9:37 am, June 26, 2013
Delaware
Level Contributor
1,543 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Celebration Restaurant

Fager's is an obvious choice. Monday afternoon they have a fun "deck party" and then fine dining upstairs. But I would choose Sunset Grill in West OC. If the weather is nice sit up top and enjoy the view of the marina and all the beautiful boats/yachts.

Massillon, OH
Level Contributor
176 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Celebration Restaurant

My vote for Fager's but you do not have to pay the extra bucks for FINE DINING. Great food and fun on the deck or in the enclosed area. Go early and stay for the sunset!

Pottstown...
Level Contributor
106 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Celebration Restaurant

I tried Fager's fine dining last year when celebrating with our wedding anniversary. It was good...but not worth the huge bill. It looked like a lot of fun on the deck and outside of the fine dining area. If we go back to Fager's we will go right before sunset & eat outside.

Delaware
Level Contributor
1,543 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Celebration Restaurant

I actually agree with staying on the deck at Fagers because I am more of a bar food type of guy rather than fine dining. I mentioned upstairs just because it was their 40th anniversary and they are with 7 people. My vote would still be Sunset Grill.

pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Ocean City
Level Contributor
2,858 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Celebration Restaurant

Catch 54 gets my vote as well.

Boynton Beach...
Level Contributor
589 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Celebration Restaurant

Fresco's: food, wine, and great sunset view

Sunset Grille: west O C, depending on where you are staying, worth the ride, has outside seating. Great food, wine and view.

Both of these are a perfect anniversary spot. We have dined at both every summer for the last 10 years and have not had a bad experience. We will be back again in August.

Western Maryland
Level Contributor
247 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Celebration Restaurant

Fager's Island

maryland
Level Contributor
52 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Celebration Restaurant

Since food, wine and ambiance are most important to you i will start with that. My personal favorites are....

Liquid assets - excellent food and wine, casual atmosphere, no view

Hooked - excellent food and wine, nice atmosphere (recently renovated....looks good), no view

The Shark - excellent food and wine, west o.c. Harbor, really nice views depending on where you are seated (nothing outside)

Captains Table - very good to excellent food and wine, atmosphere is nice and quiet, no view

Frescos - very good to excellent food and wine, gorgeous views but you are inside ( I am going tonight :) )

Fagers Island - upstairs fine dining, very good to excellent food and wine, beautiful dining room, amazing views

Outdoor restaurants with views

Sunset grill- west o.c. Harbor, good to very good food, fun atmosphere and amazing views

Galaxy 66 ( roof top) - average to good food, fun atmosphere and great views