We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Must Sees

Wheeling, West...
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Must Sees

Going to Ocean City for 6 days, please let me hear some of the must sees that are down there. My daughters and I are so excited we can't wait to get there.

Ocean Pines...
Level Contributor
885 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Must Sees

Lots of good suggestions so far.

To get a good look at Assateague and the ponies you might want to try taking one the two tour boats that offer a cruise over to the island along with a nature tour. One of the boats is called the Assateague Adventure and the other is called Discovery Nature Cruise.

If you want something a little more lively take one of the two speedboats on "steriods", the O.C. Rocket and the Sea Rocket. These boats will take you out in the ocean and up and down the coastline of OC. Plus since you are out in the ocean there's always a chance there might be a pod of dolphins. If the captain of the speed boat sees some, he will slow down and idle up next to them so everyone on the speed boat can get a good look.

Here's additional information on all 4 boats:

http://www.ocean-city.com/cruises/index.html

You could also try parasailing, either on the bayside or oceanside or rent jet skis for an hour or so.

Wheeling, West...
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Must Sees

The outlets and boat tours sound like something we'd really enjoy. Do you have to have reservations for the boat tours?

Do the outlet stores have a website?

Really appreciate everyones help.

Ocean Pines...
Level Contributor
885 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Must Sees

Here's a good article in general about OC:

www.oceancity.com/articles/article.php/a_id/8

There usually is no need for reservations on the boat tours. The tours last about 90 minutes with several each day.

Ocean City Factory Outlets: www.ocfactoryoutlets.com

Tanger Outlets in Rehoboth, Delaware: www.tangeroutlet.com/centers/frameset.html…

Wheeling, West...
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Must Sees

That was a real good site. Thanks alot. I think we'll be doing something the entire time we're there.

Are there alot of parking lots? What is best one to use?

What is best tattoo shop?

Really appreciate the help.

Ocean Pines...
Level Contributor
885 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Must Sees

Sorry, no tattoo shops in Ocean City, MD. The city council passed a law a lot of years back that mandates a licensed doctor must be on the premises of any tattoo shop during business hours within city limits. I don't know too many tattoo shops that could afford that. Therefore, no tattoo shops in Ocean City.

There are t-shirt shops and souvenir stands all along the boardwalk that provide the temporary henna tattoos. They last about a week or so.

If you do want to get a real tattoo the closests place is out Rt. 54 in Fenwick Island, Delaware. It's called Independent Tattoo. Here's the website: http://www.independent-tattoo.com/

For parking suggestions, use the search function of this forum for "parking" and a lot of previous threads should pop up.

Blacklick, Ohio
Level Contributor
155 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Must Sees

Since your a Steeler fan you might want to visit Buxy's Salty Dog Saloon on 28th St. It's a Pittsburgh sports bar and restaurant that has great food and atmosphere with plenty of Steeler and Pirate memorabilia.

Wheeling, West...
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Must Sees

Looking forward to seeing that place too! We'll be on our way down there in two days at this time, going to drive all night. I think it will be a great vacation.

Again thanks to everyone for your input.

18. Re: Must Sees

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:40 am, August 13, 2009