We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking

SGP
Level Contributor
92 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Parking

Hi

I'm thinking to stay in oc near the boardwalk. (Comfort suites or sleep suites) but the hotels doesn't seem to have enough parking or no parking at all for the guest. So where should I park?. Is it really expensive?.

If the parking is killing shall I go to Salisbury area? But it seems to be quite far..

I have limited choices of hotel for 1 nite stay on 1st June.

Thanks

pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Ocean City
Level Contributor
2,980 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking

I just checked and found 12 hotels with rooms available then on or near the boardwalk, and every one of them has parking for their guests.

Comfort Suites is in West Ocean City across the bay, about a 10 or 15 minute drive in the summer with traffic. I've stayed there and there is no issue with parking at all.

The Sleep Inn on Baltimore also has plenty of parking for their guests. However, almost every hotel in OC will only permit one car per room.

If you have a problem with parking, the streets are metered around the boardwalk and there are pay to park lots around town.

York, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
306 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking

With all the hotel choices available in OC I would not stay at a hotel with little/no parking. If there is not enough parking at the hotels you have looked at, move on to a different hotel that does! Have fun!

Hanover, Pa
Destination Expert
for Ocean City
Level Contributor
3,102 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Parking

All hotels have to offer at least one parking space for a room. In OC parking during peak season can be a pain but I've stayed at both places and both the Comfort and Sleep Inn have parking at the hotels and a off site location.

By the way, what makes you think they don't have enough parking?

Edited: 7:41 am, May 15, 2013
SGP
Level Contributor
92 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Parking

Hi beachfan

I agree..but I really do not have much choice here since only gonna stay for 1 nite.

Hi funky,

In comfort website they do not mentioned anything about parking. So I thought they do not provide any. As for sleep inn, in their website say limited parking first come first serve. Sp I assume it won't be enough for everybody. And most likely I won't b checking in till late.

So either hotel actually have enough parking for all the guest? Is the offsite parking far from the hotel itself??

SGP
Level Contributor
92 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Parking

Hi momoo

Thanks for the info.

We only use 1 car. So I guess I can choose either hotel then..

Just to confirm it will be comfort suites at ocean gateway rd right??

Thanks again

Hanover, Pa
Destination Expert
for Ocean City
Level Contributor
3,102 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Parking

If your staying at the Comfort Suites on Ocean Gateway, you will have no issue with parking then. And just a heads up, that Comfort Suite is in west Ocean city just before you cross the bridge into the main part of OC. (Google map it and you'll get a better idea of that location)

pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Ocean City
Level Contributor
2,980 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Parking

Yes. It is the only Comfort Suites in Ocean City. And like Tfunky and I have said, it's NOT in Ocean City proper. It's across the bay from Ocean City so any time you want to go to the beach you will have to drive there. You cannot walk. (well, you can if you're really, really fit). There is also a drawbridge that you will have to cross, so if you happen to be going into OC when the bridge is going up then you could have a long wait. In heavy traffic you'll be looking at a 15 - 20 minute drive.

One more thing. If you are allergic to pet hair or animals, don't stay at the Comfort Suites. They are pet friendly. Not all rooms allow pets, but you may notice if you have allergies. But it is a very nice place and they serve breakfast in the mornings.

The Sleep Inn is in OC and you can walk to the beach.

Hanover, Pa
Destination Expert
for Ocean City
Level Contributor
3,102 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Parking

If your trying to go through "Choice Hotels" for a deal then you might want to consider the Sleep Inn on Baltimore Av that is in OC and a nice hotel as well. Actually, through Choice the Sleep Inn's rate for June 1st is a little cheaper than the Comfort Suites.

http://www.choicehotels.com/

Edited: 10:13 am, May 15, 2013
SGP
Level Contributor
92 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Parking

Thank you for all the advice guys.

Unfortunately I was too late :( sleep inn has sold out..

Going for grand hotel instead.. That's one of the cheapest hotel avail for the date...

pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Ocean City
Level Contributor
2,980 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Parking

Good choice. Nice hotel, 24 hour coffee shop, on the boardwalk, and PLENTY of parking including a garage.