We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

OC Spring Hot Rod Crusin' 2013 May 16-19.

Which Ocean City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Maryland
Level Contributor
29 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
OC Spring Hot Rod Crusin' 2013 May 16-19.

Geez another year gone bye and I look forward to the next one. I have been going every year since 2004 and love going this time of year. It's not too warm and it's not too cold at night. All the places to eat are fully open and there are a ton of people always in the clubs at night. Even though its not really the official beginning of the season till the next week after (Memorial Day) it certainly brings in the crowds from all over. I am sure OC will continue this event for many more years to come. Sure some people do burnouts and have a little fun, but as long as no one gets hurt it's at least in good fun. Some people in their cars do get a little out of hand racing at higher than normal speeds on coastal which is definitely not safe at all. I only seen a handful of way out of control people over the years and most of the accidents I have seen were regular cars not paying attention during this time when the traffic is really congested light to light.

Just wanted to make a post, please feel free to post your comments about this event.

hudson valley
Level Contributor
123 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: OC Spring Hot Rod Crusin' 2013 May 16-19.

My husband and I long ago stopped going to Ocean City for two weeks in May because of the incredible noise and out of control driving on the streets. If you are not into this sort of thing, it does not make for a fun time trying to get around town. We still visit OC for two weeks each September but do our May vacation elsewhere. If you have never experienced Cruisin' Ocean City MD, search it on YouTube before you make reservations.

While it only lasts a few days, it is on the

weekend and thus overlaps two Sat-Sat vacation weeks.

Obviously many people love it. It's just not for us.

Maryland
Level Contributor
29 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: OC Spring Hot Rod Crusin' 2013 May 16-19.

Yeah I do agree it would really keep regular families on a regular vacation away due to the extreme traffic, real fast / loud cars, and huge lifted trucks throwing diesel smoke in the air. At least its not technically in the main season of OC. The cops are usually are in full force on foot, horse, bike to keep down the reckless driving as much as possible. I go there to see the cars just parked on the streets. I drive my car around in the mornings and afternoon about 3 to 4 times a day and then park it the rest of the day. Usually around 4pm I start to get ready for dinner, drinking, and dancing. At night the real crazy stuff starts happening and I definitely want to stay away from that.

Macungie...
Level Contributor
84 posts
327 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: OC Spring Hot Rod Crusin' 2013 May 16-19.

Hope you enjoy it, I have been there in the past but not something i am going to repeat i head to OC to relax get enogh traffic and noise at home, but it does prove OC has something for everyone. Will be down during the week this week for a break.

pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Ocean City
Level Contributor
2,840 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: OC Spring Hot Rod Crusin' 2013 May 16-19.

I love Cruisin' weekend. That's why we go is for the cars and excitement and people. We know ahead of time what to expect. Anyone who just blindly books their vacations over that weekend and then complains has nobody to blame but themselves (that comment is not directed to anyone, jus t a general statement). I always check events and such before I make any vacation plans no matter where it is.

Now a days, it's not the cruisers that are making things miserable for folks over the weekend, it's the out of control teenagers in their deisel powered pick up trucks that drive around, blowing black smoke, and throwing water out of the beds on the trucks at people, or just loading up a bed full of teens and shouting profanity at people as they drive by. THAT is what needs to be addressed by the town more than anything else.

Delaware
Level Contributor
1,542 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: OC Spring Hot Rod Crusin' 2013 May 16-19.

momoo.....unfortunately that is what the weekend has evolved into. I love the shoulder seasons and special weekends like bike week, cruisin', vette etc. I think they liven the place up. I used to love cruisin weekend, but the past few have been out of control with the burnouts, etc. To me it is just one step above the VW, Audi crowd. Don't get me wrong......they will never keep me away....it's just that the idiots that show up (certainly a minority) are ruining it for everyone. I hate to say this but it is just a matter of time until one of these idiots (sorry...can't think of a better word) loses control of their vehicle, jumps the curb and wipes out a group of bystanders. Be careful if you go down.

Obviously, I hope I am wrong but if they don't crack down on it it is inevitable.

Maryland
Level Contributor
29 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: OC Spring Hot Rod Crusin' 2013 May 16-19.

yeah i do agree it seems the some of the younger crowds are getting out of hand.

7. Re: OC Spring Hot Rod Crusin' 2013 May 16-19.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, May 08, 2014