We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Van Rental

Which Ocean City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sun City West...
2 posts
Save Topic
Van Rental

We need transportation from Hotel Barocco in Rome, Italy to Civitavecchia, Italy. What would be the best way to go and approximately how much would that cost in US dollars? How far is it and how long would it take to get there?

Delaware
Level Contributor
1,569 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Van Rental

A REALLY long time.

Ocean City
Level Contributor
338 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Van Rental

You've posted on the Ocean City, MD board, probably want to repost on another board. It would indeed take a really long time to drove from here!

pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Ocean City
Level Contributor
2,946 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Van Rental

You could rent a Scoot Coupe! lol

Ocean City, MD
Level Contributor
10,088 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Van Rental

Easiest is by private driver at 130 Euro ($170.00), otherwise here's info for the train from Termini:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g187791-c151384/Rome:…

I've requested TA to move your post to the proper Forum.

Sun City West...
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Van Rental

Thank You. I'm new at this. What "board" should I be on?

Ellicott City...
Level Contributor
118 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Van Rental

Probably want to go to the search bar, search for Rome, Italy, and then go to their forums. Here is a little free, although uninformed, advice i found after 2 min of googling. Your hotel is close to the train station, direct trains from Rome Termini to Civitavecchia leave every approx 30 min, and take anywhere from 40 min to 1:20. The express train looks like prices start at 9 euros, the slower regional trains don't have prices but are likely cheaper than that. go here for more info http://www.trenitalia.com/ (click the British Flag in the upper right to get to the English site) Use rome termini (Rome Terminus, main station in rome) and then Civitacecchia and put in dates. Seems pretty simple. I'm guessing a van service would be pricey, but maybe some people on the Rome forum will have some better advice

Edit - Actually, tripadvisor is smart, because you can now just click on the blue text for Rome and it will take you directly to the main Rome Tripadvisor Page, and you can just scroll down to the like to the forums.

Edited: 10:49 am, April 19, 2013
Ocean City, MD
Level Contributor
10,088 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Van Rental

Carmel H, apparently TA didn't get my memo about transferring your question to the proper Forum.

In the link I posted (#4) regarding how to get To and From Civitavecchia, click it and on the left you'll see Travel Forum, click and that'll take you to the Rome Forum. As bmorechris states, click on Rome, Italy in that post (or this one) and TA will take you to that Forum.

I forgot to mention to you, TA has a sister site: www.cruise-critic.com and you can actually get a roll call for your cruise. Fellow cruisers can answer your questions too.

Have a wonderful cruise and visit to the Eternal City.

Edited: 1:05 pm, April 19, 2013
8. Re: Van Rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, April 21, 2014