We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air Show: June 8-9, 2013

Ocean City, MD
Level Contributor
11,102 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Air Show: June 8-9, 2013

The military has officially notified the promoters that the Blue Angels will not be partipating due to the sequester. In fact, their entire 2013 schedule has been cancelled.

The remainder program of the air show will go on: http://www.ocairshow.com/

An article is this mornings paper said they're expecting a large crowd because the air shows normally held at military bases have been cancelled so enthusiasts will be visiting here.

Delaware
Level Contributor
1,612 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Air Show: June 8-9, 2013

Not good. I'm sure there will be a large crowd but make no mistake about it.....no Thunderbirds, no Blue Angels, no military presence at all will feel like watching fireworks without the "grand finale". After the past couple years it will definately feel like something is missing.

Ocean City, MD
Level Contributor
11,102 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Air Show: June 8-9, 2013

I 100% agree Dude!

My house is in the flight path of the Thunderbirds and Blue Angels, I thoroughly enjoyed sitting on my 2nd floor deck experiencing the practice flyovers. Every year we've sat at the Beach Plaza for the show and looked forward to the Thunderbirds or Blue Angels, it's definitely disappointing:-((

Ocean City, Maryland
Level Contributor
614 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Air Show: June 8-9, 2013

Thanks Obama.........enjoy your golf, chump!

Ocean Pines...
Level Contributor
885 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Air Show: June 8-9, 2013

The 2011 air show also had no headline act like the Thunderbirds or Blue Angels, but they still had a B2 Stealth Bomber and C-5 Galaxy fly-overs (can't remember if they had the single F-18 demonstration or not). It was rather dull in my opinion. Anyway, without ANY military presence for the 2013 show it will be a very bland with lots of dead time or a very short show if you have attended any of the previous ones.

Lancaster...
Level Contributor
161 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Air Show: June 8-9, 2013

The sequester is the result of congressional inaction, not the action of the President. If you wish to thank someone, thank the teabaggers.

pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Ocean City
Level Contributor
3,054 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Air Show: June 8-9, 2013

Well said OsoBear!

Massillon, OH
Level Contributor
178 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Air Show: June 8-9, 2013

We planned our daughter's wedding THAT weekend for our guest can enjoy the show. When the sequester was announced I had NO DOUBT in my mind the Blue Angels would be cancelled! Very disappointed:(

Delaware
Level Contributor
1,612 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Air Show: June 8-9, 2013

To those spewing the blame, there is enough of it to pin on both. As my dearly departed mother used to say "Don't put your faith in any politician or political party.....none of them would even pi@@ on you if you were on fire". Just remember that when walking in "lockstep" with your politcal "heroes".

9. Re: Air Show: June 8-9, 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, April 14, 2014