We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reasonable price place to stay for couple around 30

Pittsburgh...
3 posts
Save Topic
Reasonable price place to stay for couple around 30

Hi everyone, I am looking into a reasonably pricied place to stay for my boyfriend and I - no kids. We will be coming for a long weekend, likely in July, and are on a budget. We plan to stay for 4 or 5 days. We will probably spend most of our days at the beach/pool and and adventuring out for nightlife in the evening. I would like someplace convenient where we can walk to places as much as possible. A pool bar would be a nice addition too! I'm not expecting to stay in a 5 star hotel on a budget, but someplace clean and convenient would be great! Any suggestions??

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,257 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Reasonable price place to stay for couple around 30

go to the hotel link above and put in your parameters. Then before booking you can ask questions. I will say tha t have used the TA service "Tingo" and had great success. First, the reservation was cancellable and second, if the price went down, I automatically got the benefit of that reductions (which happened twice and this was for Park City in February- not exactly off season).

Maryland, USA
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
2,868 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Reasonable price place to stay for couple around 30

I can't direct you to a specific hotel or condo building...I have family I stay with when I go to OC, but I think you'd be best served by staying somewhere within 40-60th Street. That is within walking distance of some of the most popular bars/clubs in OC.

It's also not too far from the boardwalk in case you feel like exploring that, and Frog Bar has great burgers and cheap drinks with a view of the inlet.

Mentioned in this post
Frog Bar
Frog Bar
263 Reviews
Ocean City, MD
pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Ocean City
Level Contributor
3,158 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Reasonable price place to stay for couple around 30

Reasonable, weekend and July all add up to one thing.........increase your budget.

July is peak season and all hotel rates go up over the weekends. You may be better served with a mini week in a condo.

For a hotel, try the Tideland's Caribbean hotel on the boardwalk. It's convenient, has the pool bar you're looking for, and you can walk to anything on the boardwalk.

I also like the Spinnaker on 18th St. It's steps from the boardwalk and beach and in close walking distance of some grea places to eat like Ember's, Fish Tales, and Anthony's and Captain's Table. But there is no pool bar here.

Mentioned in this post
Caribbean
Caribbean
North America
The Spinnaker
The Spinnaker
437 Reviews
Ocean City, MD
Fish Tales Bar & Grill
Fish Tales Bar & Grill
1,205 Reviews
Ocean City, MD
Captain's Table
Captain's Table
510 Reviews
Ocean City, MD
Lancaster...
Level Contributor
161 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Reasonable price place to stay for couple around 30

Before we bought our condo we always stayed at Madison Beach motel. very cramped, but clean and convenient.

Mentioned in this post
Madison Beach Motel
Madison Beach Motel
468 Reviews
Ocean City, MD
Hanover, Pa
Destination Expert
for Ocean City
Level Contributor
3,236 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Reasonable price place to stay for couple around 30

My wife and I used to do the same thing before kids came along. A few places that come to mind that are on the boardwalk or just off which in my opinion is the best spot for a young couple

Tidelands

Hotel Monte Carlo

Sleep Inn

Park Place

And if the place doesn't have a pool bar you can always take a cooler to the pool with your favorite drink. Many of times I hung out at the roof top pools of Monte Carlo and Tidelands with my favorite brew

Edited: 10:56 am, March 01, 2013
Mentioned in this post
Hotel Monte Carlo
Hotel Monte Carlo
451 Reviews
Ocean City, MD
Park Place Hotel
Park Place Hotel
501 Reviews
Ocean City, MD
Philadelphia...
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Reasonable price place to stay for couple around 30

Hey 412girl ,

What date are planning to go to OC? and what is your price range?

7. Re: Reasonable price place to stay for couple around 30

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, March 08, 2014