We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how's it looking?

akron, oh
Level Contributor
56 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
how's it looking?

just wondering how the weather is there? i have kept an eye on it all over the weekend. i hope OC survives with out much damage. from the looks of it, lots of advance warning has allowed for people to prepare well. please be careful! here in akron we have had plenty of rain already but not so much wind. looks like it is going to be a miserable week for this half of the country.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
482 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: how's it looking?

Thanks momoo. I will check to make sure I can get in, but I am an owner down in Ocean City. Want to make sure Everything made it thru, since I wasn't able to get down before to do storm prep. Luckily, have good management down there that usually does it for us, but still like to check it out personally. Will stay away from the downtown area, tho...looks like they have a lot of cleanup to do.

Ocean City, MD
Level Contributor
10,981 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: how's it looking?

…govdelivery.com/bulletins/gd/MDOCEAN-59817f

OC is open.

I went over this morning, via Rt 90 as the Rt 50 bridge was still closed. On the way over there was no sign of Fagers Gazebo. 17th St. south was still closed to cars so I parked and walked down to 5th St.

There's significant beach erosion. The jetty rocks at 6, 9, 12, & 15th Sts are all highly visible. The sand is even with the top of the sea wall as the ocean crested it. Some of the little fences in front of the hotels were washed over and broken. In front of the former Phillips Beach Plaza on 13th St., the big lions were knocked over. Didn't see any broken windows or major damage.

All of the sand erosion fences on the beach are 'rolled' and crushed up against and over the sea wall. There's still flooding on the bayside but the west wind we are having should help blow it back out to sea.

Seacrets sign said they'll be open 4 p.m. Wednesday. I heard on the radio Harborside in West OC on the harbor is open now.

There's a lot of cleanup to do. Thankfully no one was killed or injured.

Thank God we dodged another one. I wish everyone well to the north of us, they've taken a pounding.

Delaware
Level Contributor
1,609 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: how's it looking?

Thanks ocpony. I plan on getting down Thursday to check things out.

pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Ocean City
Level Contributor
3,051 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: how's it looking?

According to the Dispatch, they interviewed Mayor Meehan and he said OC should be fully open tomorrow! Fantastic news. Coastal Highway is open from North Division St to Fenwick and beyond. The inlet is still closed and streets below N. Division are closed. But they are on the road to recovery. One thing OC is, it's resiliant. They'll bounce back bigger and better than ever. Hope everything is okay at your property rockc123. Best wishes.

Ocean City, MD
Level Contributor
10,981 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: how's it looking?

On the link I posted in #12, you can click the tab on the top right to receive those notifications from the Town of OC. During the storm, I rec'd at least 2 per day.

Edited: 5:05 pm, October 30, 2012
Ocean City, MD
Level Contributor
10,981 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: how's it looking?

Here's the official 'good news' from the Town of OC: …govdelivery.com/bulletins/gd/MDOCEAN-598a98

6 posts
Save Reply
17. Re: how's it looking?

That is such good news! Nice to see city thanking everyone from employees to resident volunteers. Thanks to all of you we will be able to enjoy our wonderful beach retreat ! There is no place like OC! Here in Ohio we continue to have sporadic rain and all schools were closed due to the high winds and power outages. Given the intensity of this storm I guess we were all pretty lucky! Be careful and stay safe from ur buckeye friends.

Binghamton, NY
Level Contributor
168 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: how's it looking?

Our family loves OC and we have many great memories of vacations there. I've been wondering how our favorite condo building, The Plaza, fared. We were just there in August. Does anyone know if the condos around 98th St received any damage? We haven't seen any info about North OC.Thanks.

19. Re: how's it looking?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 am, November 18, 2013