We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is a must see in New York city?

Canby, Oregon
1 post
Save Topic
What is a must see in New York city?

Planning a trip to New York City around the 11th of October. What is a must see or do while there?

Any suggestions on an inexpensive place to stay?

Ocean City
Level Contributor
339 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: What is a must see in New York city?

Your question was posted on the Ocean City, Maryland Trip Advisor site; might want to repost on the New York City site.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,223 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What is a must see in New York city?

And when you repost, do some research and ask a better question

Edited: 11:56 pm, September 02, 2012
Ocean City
Level Contributor
339 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: What is a must see in New York city?

Neslaw - Why so grouchy lately? Looks like this is the one and only posting this person has done on Trip Advisor. They asked reasonable questions seeking info for a trip - if you don't like the content for some reason, why not just not respond? No reason to insult posters,especially new ones. Dale - Feel free to ask any questions you'd like, just wanted to note that you accidentally posted on wrong geographical board.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,223 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What is a must see in New York city?

Not grouchy. Just concise. Nothing wrong with suggesting that giving absolutely no information about any aspect of a trip and asking a generic what should I see whether for OC or NYC will result in less than useful responses. Especially when TA has things to do pages or a google search will provide so much broader list of places than could ever be provided by information on a forum.

New York
Level Contributor
674 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What is a must see in New York city?

TA offers a place for travel information. This OP made their first visit to this site and perhaps to NYC. Reasonable to assume ANY information might provide more useful ideas than they already have.

Why is is now your position to decide what questions are valuable or appropriate and worth answering?

Better to ignore them rather than offering insults and lectures.

Seems newslaw has become the guardian of how to post and what to ask and why on this site..................................Sometimes better to keep to yourself what you think rather then offer it up to everyone else.

Maryland
Level Contributor
221 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What is a must see in New York city?

I totally agree with Neslaw 1. This site is Trip Advisor, not planner! We all had a first post at one time, bet you didn't ask to essentially plan your trip without giving any info or atleast doing some reading on this site.

Ocean City, MD
Level Contributor
11,591 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What is a must see in New York city?

Dale H, you've posted in the Ocean City, MD Forum.

When you go to the NYC Forum, look to the right for Top Questions and to the left for things to do.

I suggest you go to a bookstore and/or library and look at some guidebooks to determine just what you would like to experience in NYC. Its a big city with much to offer, i.e. I prefer museums to shows. Regarding an inexpensive place to stay, good luck. In the NYC Forum, use the search bar above the posts to narrow some locations down. The time of year you go will determine prices too.

Bucks County, PA
Level Contributor
228 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What is a must see in New York city?

Try as you might, you can't see New York from Ocean City.

Maryland, USA
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
2,844 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What is a must see in New York city?

There is a mini Statue of Liberty out front of The Sandbar.

: -D

Norristown...
Level Contributor
16 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What is a must see in New York city?

the Lion King Play if it's still playing. I love Madame T'saunt - the wax museum of celeberties. If you are familiar with Chef Ramsey, go to his restaurant - the London Maze