We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

trip report part 2

WV
Level Contributor
39 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
trip report part 2

Wed-breakfast in condo. beach time. Lunch deli sandwich & chips. Storm rolled in so we went upstairs & played pool & ping pong for a little while then took kiddos to planet maze. older ones played laser tag, younger one did the climbing maze. This place was crowded & small, but we still had a good time. Left there & headed to Bethany beach to see my aunt. Dinner was Papa Johns pizza..not what we wanted. There were many other recommendations for pizza we wanted to try. However, auntie is pregnant & i didn't argue. Next time we will do as we wish. That is pizza we can get at home. Back to condo..more beach time. DJ on deck & a hula hoop contest. Drinks for hubby & me while kids enjoyed contest.

Thurs-breakfast was fractured prune donuts. LOVED it. everyone got what they wanted. headed to boardwalk. did some shopping, kids rode a few rides at trimpers. We did the Ripleys museum, mirror maze, and laser thing. We enjoyed all of that. Back to condo & ready for dinner at Bonfire. Although auntie suggested Phillips, we went with what we wanted. Everything there was amazing. Wish our table would have been closer to food, but other than that, we enjoyed very much. Was around $150 for five of us..but we enjoyed it. Back to beach in the evening..I am not a fan of kids in the water without lifeguards so they could just get up to their knees wet. I wanted to see a movie & visit waterpark, but kiddos didn't want to leave the beach for a waterpark..OK by me. Saved me a ton of $$. Also, they weren't interested in the free movies showing. Friday..breakfast at Denny's was just ok. Beach one more time..& home. Went by fast. next time we are staying a full 7 days..five isn't enough!

New York
Level Contributor
666 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: trip report part 2

Thank you for taking the time to report to the rest of us.

Glad to hear you and your family enjoyed a good time and had a safe trip.

Enjoy the rest of your Summer and get ready for 2013 in OC!

New York
Level Contributor
915 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: trip report part 2

Sounds fun!! I agree about the more time though. Our 1st visit was 5 days, then the next 2 were 7 days, now they're all 9 days & we're still sad to leave :)

SeaRocket is on our "todo" list this year. Now, I'm 2nd guessing it. Were you seated in the back? I hear it's a much wetter ride back there. Did the kids like it?

Essex, Maryland
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: trip report part 2

We have always had a great time riding the Sea Rocket - have been on it 6 times over the past 7 years. This year the water was calm enough that none of us got wet sitting in the back. If the water is rough, its not as much fun, especially when going thru the inlet. I advise to still go on it, while making sure the ocean isnt too rough.

Albany NY
Level Contributor
483 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: trip report part 2

I've ridden the OC Rocket when the water was really, really rough and l loved it. I don't remember having issues with water in our eyes, though.

For our trip, there were hurrican remains out at sea and they actually told us that if the crossing into the ocean was too bad, they were going to turn around and refund our money. We could tell that the captain spent a lot of time when we were in the ocean making sure the large swells hit the boat the right way.

It wasn't bad enough to be scary...just rough enough to make the experience more run.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
84 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: trip report part 2

Wow I forgot how when we stayed at the golden sands in the past we too had a fire alarm. I think that happens at that place more often than others. I am glad you posted the info about the sea rocket. I wear hard contact lenses and the possibility of that much spray would make that ride a no go for me.

It is hard to vacation with other people if there are differing food requests. That problem gets magnified if the trip is short. Glad you had a fun vacation. Thank you for posting.

brianpa

WV
Level Contributor
39 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: trip report part 2

Travelingtimm..I read reviews about the sea rocket before we left & remembered not to sit in the back..I thought that meant the few back rows..That means the ENTIRE back section. I would sit in the front. My kids did not enjoy it..My five-year-old cried to get off. The water hit our faces & eyes with such force, we had to hold our heads down most of the ride. On the way back it wasn't an issue..I don't know why it was better when we turned around. The ocean was rough (hubby couldn't parasail ocean side for that reason). It has a lot of positive reviews & we enjoyed the captain & the ride back. Just not enough to do it again.

New York
Level Contributor
915 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: trip report part 2

Thanks for the heads up!!

Ocean Pines...
Level Contributor
885 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: trip report part 2

I think the OC Rocket (yellow one) is a dryer ride.

New York
Level Contributor
915 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: trip report part 2

I've never been on either, but on the Sea Rocket kids ride FREE!!

Binghamton, New York
Level Contributor
113 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: trip report part 2

Good review. Thanks for posting. I got a kick on the Papa John's comments. When I first read it I was like man thats sad Papa Johns on vacation! ha