We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ocean City, MD for March Madness

Chester Springs...
1 post
Save Topic
Ocean City, MD for March Madness

We are considering going to Ocean City, MD for March Madness but I've never been there during the offseason and am worried that most restaurants/bars will be closed. Has anyone been there during this time of year and are restaurants/bars open. We've been going to Atlantic City the last couple of years but would like to try something different. Any guidance greatly appreciated!

Mentioned in this post
Atlantic City
Atlantic City
Jersey Shore, NJ
Monmouth Junction...
4 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Ocean City, MD for March Madness

bull on the beach would be a good place to catch the games. on 94th st.

further north, smitty mcgees is an awesome sports bar.

Delaware
Level Contributor
1,682 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Ocean City, MD for March Madness

There are a ton of sportsbars open. Depending on where you are staying. I would have to give the nod to Dead Freddie's on 64th street. Their bar has the best HD big screen TV's and plenty of them. Great atmosphere. Also Grotto's sportsbar on 124th would be good.

Potomac, Maryland
Level Contributor
114 posts
469 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ocean City, MD for March Madness

Burt - concur with Dude2360 and YellowGolf; in addition, there is Nick's near the MD/DE line, the old standby bar, Green Turtle (I know, I know, people either love Green Turtle or hate it).

You are correct that there will be a number of restaurants/hotels, etc. that will not be open that time of year, but, you'll be fine. Enough quality places will be open.

Chesapeake City...
Level Contributor
305 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ocean City, MD for March Madness

frog bar!!!!! its small but a great time. we went one year on st. pattys day weekend.

Rehoboth Beach...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,377 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ocean City, MD for March Madness

Yep, St. Paddy's day weekend is a great time; if you've never been, you have to check out the parade at least once. Plenty to do afterwards.

When I show people my pics from previous years, they can't believe the size of the crowd.

6. Re: Ocean City, MD for March Madness

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, December 18, 2013