We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Review my plan please

Which Ocean City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
WV
Level Contributor
39 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Review my plan please

Coming down Monday 30th. Stay at Golden Sands at 10900 Coastal Hwy. Taking Rt. 50 although my aunt in Frankford, DE recommends the DE side. Hitting beach Monday. Breakfast each day in condo. Tuesday-Splash Mountain-taking a picnic lunch, dinner will be pizza, family olympics if we feel up to it. Wed-Sea Rocket, parasailing, beach time. lunch in condo, dinner out-Embers or Bonfire. Thurs-boardwalk early, lunch there, then head to bethany beach to see my aunt. Dinner there. Home Friday.. Suggestions are welcomed. :)

Edited: 6:25 am, July 18, 2012
York, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
306 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Review my plan please

Sounds good to me! I do have one piece of advice, if you can wait until 3pm to go to splash mountain the price is way lower, $21 I think. We always go for the reduced admission and have had no problems doing everything we wanted before they close. Have fun!

Potomac, Maryland
Level Contributor
114 posts
377 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Review my plan please

With regard to using Route 50 or Route 404 (Delaware route), it's a roll of the dice. A lot depends on traffic conditions at the time.

The downside of going the Delaware route is many of the roads are 2-lane and if you get stuck behind some slow guy, well, you're stuck.

Route 50 can be aggravating too if traffic is heavy.

If you do the Route 50 to OC, since you're going to Golden Sands, make sure to take the Route 90 exit off Route 50 to avoid going through downtown OC.

Whichever route you choose, be careful and aware of police and their laser guns (speeding).

Delaware
Level Contributor
1,543 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Review my plan please

If you come down Monday either way should be fine but like GL states jump on Rt 90 since you are staying in North OC.

NJ
Level Contributor
481 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Review my plan please

We used to take Rt. 50 -- what a drag. Of course we always go on a Saturday. We stay near you...99th Street and Coastal Highway. Century One.

We come from NJ, so for us, once they completed Highway 1, we've been taking that and don't hit any traffic until we hit all those Tanger Outlets in Delaware. That's our only holdup and on a Saturday, it can be very slow.

pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Ocean City
Level Contributor
2,861 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Review my plan please

Wednesday night there is a free movie on the beach at the Carousel HOtel and one on Thursday night at the Princess Royale. Neither are far from you. The movies start at 8:30. Bring a blanket or chairs.

As for the Delaware/Rte 50 question.......it's Monday. There shouldn't be much difference either way. I don't see traffic being a big issue.

Edited: 12:48 pm, July 18, 2012
Delaware
Level Contributor
1,543 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Review my plan please

takearide...to avoid Rehoboth take Rt 113 at the Milford split. About 5 miles after you cross into Maryland take Rt 90 right into OC.

NJ
Level Contributor
481 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Review my plan please

Thanks, Dude! I am putting this in my notes for September! We'll def. give it a try! Those traffic lights, fast food joints and oh, those stores...a real killer when you've been making good time on the highways...

Hanover, Pa
Destination Expert
for Ocean City
Level Contributor
3,028 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Review my plan please

Everythings sounds good to me but the one reply for Splash mountain. We just did it today and the last 3 yrs but get there at 10 am when the open. Your able to hit all the rides you want when its not so busy. Pack your lunch, its a great idea. After 2pm its too long of a wait for some of the rides. Yes, its a reduced rate later in the day but your stuck in lines most of the time. We go at 10 hit the best rides, have lunch and hit a few more before we head out at around 2-3 O'clock.

Also if you like hard shell crabs you might want to consider Phillips instead.

Edited: 12:42 am, July 19, 2012
WV
Level Contributor
39 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Review my plan please

Thanks for the replies.

Level Contributor
336 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Review my plan please

I agree go at 10 in the morning for Splash mountain its less crowded your able to get first choice lockers or pick your lounge chairs out by the pool area's around the park because they are always used up later in the day