We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Overnight Hotel Recommendation

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
49 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Overnight Hotel Recommendation

We are traveling to OC in a couple weeks and staying in a condo for the week. We have a 6 month old baby so we are thinking about leaving after work on Friday and traveling during the evening so the baby will be sleeping for most of the trip. We plan to get there around midnight. Does anyone have any recommendations for a hotel we could stay at that is around\under $200 for the night and clean? I am afraid of picking a random hotel and it end up being a dump. It doesn’t have to be fancy, just clean. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Hanover, Pa
Destination Expert
for Ocean City
Level Contributor
3,235 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Overnight Hotel Recommendation

Here is an idea we have used the last few years and we only travel 4 hrs compared to 6-8 hrs coming from Pittsburgh.

You could stop over night at the Kent Narrows area, just passed the Bay Bridge. There are a few hotels in that area but we stay at the Sleep Inn (Grasonville) because its cheaper and has free breakfast. That would leave you just 2 more hrs of driving to arrive in OC the next day.

But if you wish to continue to OC then go to www.ocean-city.com, punch in your date (on the right of the screen) and see whats available and rates and go from there.

Mentioned in this post
Potomac, Maryland
Level Contributor
114 posts
469 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Overnight Hotel Recommendation

One of the challenges you'll have with hotels in OC is many have a multi night stay minimum. One night will be a challenge, in a decent hotel. The other challenge is the cost.

TFunky's suggestion about staying just past the Kent Narrows area is a good one, as is staying in Easton/Cambridge areas. The cost will be much less and you'll only be at most 2 hours drive from OC (assuming no traffic issues).

Another possibility is Salisbury. If you venture into Salisbury versus the hotels close to Route 50, you'll probably find a better price (than the hotels directly off Route 50).

Mentioned in this post
Easton
Easton
Talbot County, MD
Cambridge
Cambridge
Maryland
Salisbury
Salisbury
Maryland
akron, oh
Level Contributor
60 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Overnight Hotel Recommendation

we travel from Ohio every summer and always stay in salisbury the night prior to check in. last 2 years we have stayed at the hampton inn for less than $150 a night for king suite. for us, we get up super early and get to OC about 9am to spend first day on the beach prior to check in. that will be hard for you with a baby so you might want to stay as late as possible then drive in to condo. if you are sure you want to go into OC at midnight then maybe narrow down your hotel hunt based on the address of condo.

idea of staying at Kent Narrrows is great too. the area is beautiful.

Mentioned in this post
Ohio
Ohio
United States
pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Ocean City
Level Contributor
3,156 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Overnight Hotel Recommendation

I did a quick search on www.ocean-city.com using July 27 as the in date, and the 28th as an out, and one place that came up is the Coastal Palms Inn on 120th St. It was recently purchased by the Carousel Group and was completely remodeled this past spring. I toured it in April and was happily impressed. The room prices came up from $188 to $238. The $188 room has no ocean view, but that late at night I doubt that's as important as price.

The bad thing is that it was the ONLY place that came up under $200. in Ocean City.

I have agree with both of the above posters. Try and drive as far past the bay bridge as you can and get a hotel there for the night. There are plenty of nice hotels in Easton and Cambridge right on 50.

There is a new Holiday Inn Express in Easton on Rte 50, and I just checked their rates for one night on July 27th and it was only $153.00 hiexpress.com/hotels/…roomrate

Hope that helps.

Edited: 11:19 am, July 10, 2012
Mentioned in this post
Easton
Easton
Talbot County, MD
Cambridge
Cambridge
Maryland
Holiday Inn Express Ocean City
Holiday Inn Express...
397 Reviews
Ocean City, MD
Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
49 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Overnight Hotel Recommendation

Thank you for all of the suggestions! I am finding it hard to find a place that does not have a multi night minimum stay so we have some things to think about.

Hanover, Pa
Destination Expert
for Ocean City
Level Contributor
3,235 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Overnight Hotel Recommendation

What area are you looking first? Ocean City, Easton, Kent Narrow, etc

Mentioned in this post
Easton
Easton
Talbot County, MD
Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
49 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Overnight Hotel Recommendation

We want to come all the way into Ocean City to avoid all traffic on Saturday and go to the beach while we wait for our condo to be ready. I haven't looked in the other areas yet, only OC.

pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Ocean City
Level Contributor
3,156 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Overnight Hotel Recommendation

If you drive into and stay in Easton or Cambridge, you would be past the traffic mess of the bay bridge and shouldn't have any traveling problems driving into OC in the morning. Traffic starts to get tied up on Saturday morning around 10 am, so if you head out around 9 or 9:30 you should be fine.

Mentioned in this post
Easton
Easton
Talbot County, MD
Cambridge
Cambridge
Maryland
Albany, New York
Level Contributor
45 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Overnight Hotel Recommendation

Why not stay Just outside OC. Like West OC or a little further out. Rates would be closer to $100 a night I'm sure.

Hanover, Pa
Destination Expert
for Ocean City
Level Contributor
3,235 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Overnight Hotel Recommendation

Yes, I agree with Momoo. You would be past the traffic mess when you get past the bridge. Rt 50 is usually pretty nice ride barring any accident of course.

Anywhere after the bridge would be fine to rest from Easton, Kent Narrows or just outside of OC.

Your right, most decent places to stay in OC will require a 2 -night min during peak season.

Edited: 10:28 am, July 11, 2012
Mentioned in this post
Easton
Easton
Talbot County, MD