We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hi all :)

Which Ocean City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
69 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Hi all :)

Just wanted to get some input on condo rentals. We have been coming to OC for two years now. This will be our third. Year one we stayed at sandpiper dunes. Liked it ok. The unit we stayed in just needed a bit if an upgrade. Pretty clean though. Year two we stayed at the pyramid! We stayed all the way on the 19th floor!! Good time. Anyway, we have been researching other places for a stay this summer. We booked the last two years with coldwell banker. What I'm asking is, what condo do all the OC insiders suggest? Some of the things I'm looking for are away from the boardwalk, private balcony, oceanfront for sure, wireless Internet. Thanks in advance... And btw, I love love love this forum! I have an app for my phone and read the new entries daily!

Level Contributor
69 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Hi all :)

You must be one of those hotel people with your room service problems :) ( totally kidding by the way)

It started off completely about condo suggestions and turned into a thread about superfresh...

But ps... It's still open ;)

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
650 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Hi all :)

Idash, I LOVE your reply! I'm so glad you got the gist of my silly with no-harm-intended comment. I don't think any OC hotel I've stayed in has room service (maybe the Hilton?)

I wish peace on earth to you northern dwellers from your towering condos that we cannot even see from the southern end (hotels near the REAL Ocean City), and I wish you the best in your rush hour southbound journeys, for I too have watched bus after bus go by, and suffered through red-light after red-light, with bad rap blaring from my neighbors jeep...

Super Fresh be damned, I only shop at Trader Joes!

And btw, I too love this forum and welcome your sense of humor!

Level Contributor
69 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Hi all :)

OC NORTH, OC NORTH, OC NORTH!!! Haha

My family and I prefer to stay away from the boardwalk. We love staying in a condo mostly for the home away from home comfort. Dishwasher, washer and dryer, a few bedrooms, private balcony, no pizza shop on the ground floor :) and all those young hip whippersnappers on te boardwalk! Haha

For my family we usually just hang at the beach and take a day trip to the boards and maybe out one night to dinner... Love the ease of the condo to get to beach and back up to rest...

Intrepid, peace, love and waves, brah :)

Delaware
Level Contributor
1,569 posts
Save Reply
24. Re: Hi all :)

We stay in "The Switzerland of Ocean City", midtown. We are a neutral peace loving family!!!

Banner Elk, North...
Level Contributor
2 posts
232 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Hi all :)

We stayed in unit #302 and were not impressed by the decor. There were even broken window coverings and the pots and pans and utensils were sparse and OLD.......

Bucks County, PA
Level Contributor
217 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Hi all :)

I was just at the Plaza Condo last week and unless that department store sells groceries, it still "SuperFresh" out front and I bought my groceries there.

Bucks County, PA
Level Contributor
217 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Hi all :)

I've been staying at the Plaza Condos at 9800 Coastal Hwy for over 25 years and I can say that it is one of the nicest and best maintained condominiums in OC. It has many great amenities. Having said that, as with any condo, the decor, maintenance, and the weekly rate is determined by the condo owner. Through the years we have rented very nice ones and some that were just OK. Some very modern and some very dated. For instance, my recent rental was supplied with a VCR! And it still had the original kitchen cabinetry from 25 years ago. Best way to find nice individual condos is to inquire here as you did to find the good and the bad. Also, if possible, take a trip off season, go to the offices and ask for a tour. That's how we first came to rent at the Plaza. We came down on a February weekend.

28. Re: Hi all :)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, December 16, 2013