We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Csatle in the Sand

Pennsylvania
2 posts
Save Topic
Csatle in the Sand

My extended family and I will be going to Ocean city the second week of October for vacation. We believe we have narrowed our choice of hotels down to one, the Castle in the SAnd. I am looking for any comments on the place, good and bad. We do not get to go on many vacations and we want this one to be enjoyable. My grandfather is wheelchair bound and therefore will be spending more than the usual time in the hotel. Because of this, we want to be sure to get a nice room. We definetly plan on getting a oceanfront room. The balcony has to be large enough for his chair to go out on. We don't want to end up staying in a dump. we want a nice clean, large, and pleasant room. Any thoughts on this place or suggestions for a better place are welcome. Thank you.

Mentioned in this post
Ocean City
Ocean City
Maryland
Castle in the Sand Hotel
Castle in the Sand Hotel
883 Reviews
Ocean City, MD
suz
Derby, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
4,903 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Csatle in the Sand

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g41298-d2520…

Maryland
9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Csatle in the Sand

I stayed at Castle in The Sand during sr. week in hs. THe Hotel was fairly nice. It's right on the Ocean. I've only stayed in two hotels there before. It was definitely worth what I paid for it. It's close to a lot of places but not right in the center of the hustle and bustle.

Mentioned in this post
Castle in the Sand Hotel
Castle in the Sand Hotel
883 Reviews
Ocean City, MD
Baltimore
Level Contributor
684 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Csatle in the Sand

Lisa,

Town of Ocean City website...

http://www.town.ocean-city.md.us

News Release: June 27, 2005

Beach wheelchairs offer access to Ocean City beach, ADA Committee seeks additional donations

Ocean City, MD – For disabled vacationers in Ocean City, specially designed beach wheelchairs offer the opportunity to enjoy the beach with their families and friends.

Thanks to a recent donation by the Ocean City Sons of Italy, the beach wheelchair fleet has grown to help accommodate the demand for the beach chairs.

According to Audrey Williams, chairperson of the Ocean City Mayor’s Advisory Committee for the Americans with Disabilities Act, beach-access chairs are now available at 15 locations along the beach from the Inlet to 145th St. Another three chairs are available at the Ocean City Convention Center at 40 th St. and three more chairs can be borrowed from the Ocean City Police Department on 65th St.

The chairs at designated locations along the beach can be borrowed on a daily basis from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., first-come, first-served, from the Ocean City Beach Patrol. The chairs at the convention center and police department can be reserved for one or multiple days by advanced reservation. Call the Ocean City Visitor Center at 410-723-8610 to reserve a chair from the convention center or 410-723-6610 from police.

Williams said the newer chairs being added to the fleet are made of stainless steel by a Florida dealer. These are replacing older chairs that are made of pvc pipe that are not as durable. “We are going to do an inventory at the conclusion of the summer to see how many of the older ones need to be replaced,” Williams said. “We’d eventually like to replace all with the stainless steel model and we would like to find a way to add more to the collection because the demand is there to have more chairs.”

The stainless steel chairs cost $2,015 each. In addition to the donation by the Sons of Italy for two new chairs, the Ocean City Parrothead Club contributed a new chair last month and the Winterfest Gala Committee has also contributed towards a new chair of $2,015. The Woman’s Club of Ocean City contributed $2,015 towards a chair in May.

Any organization or individual who would like to donate a chair, can do so by contacting Williams at 410-250-4005.

Mentioned in this post
Ocean City
Ocean City
Maryland
Ocean City Beach
Ocean City Beach
3,580 Reviews
Ocean City, MD
Florida
Florida
United States
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
33 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Csatle in the Sand

I worked as a waitress at the Castle for two summers. They, back then had their own beach wheelchair.

I am sure you have made a great choice. The owners are the most wonderful people. Most of the guests i met were regulars. They really do care about each guest and that they enjoy their stay.

Have a great time, Emma

New Jersey
Level Contributor
459 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Csatle in the Sand

Lisa we are going the first week of Oct.

Please not that if you stay a week during off season you get two nights free. We have an oceanview room private bedroom and kitchen(full size) we are paying $384.00 for a week(5) days. When yopu go to there website look at the specuials on the left side. I think it is called the king & queen getaway stay 5 pay for three.

The best part you dont have to be a senior.

Good luck and have fun

P&K

New Jersey
Level Contributor
459 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Csatle in the Sand

Lisa we are going the first week of Oct.

Please not that if you stay a week during off season you get two nights free. We have an oceanview room private bedroom and kitchen(full size) we are paying $384.00 for a week(5) days. When yopu go to there website look at the specuials on the left side. I think it is called the king & queen getaway stay 5 pay for three.

The best part you dont have to be a senior.

Good luck and have fun

P&K

7. Re: Csatle in the Sand

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 pm, August 22, 2009