We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Phillips

Which Ocean City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
ohio
2 posts
Save Topic
Phillips

Ok, just got back from Ocean City today and I must say me and my kids really enjoyed ourselves. We stayed at Phillips and the only thing bad I can really say about it is that they have no control over their guests in the effieciency and apartment area. Unfortunately we were there during senior week - you know, the kids who parents have let them do what they want and have never taught them any respect for others. We had an effieciency on the second floor and all night long these so called young "adults" ran back and forth knocking on their buddies doors or yelling at someone they know on the boardwalk. Next morning there were beer cans and cigarette buttes allover the ground. Last night I finally called front desk and complained about the room full of kids next door to us-sllamming bathroom door and loud music, laughing loudly and doing loud chants-she said she would send someone up, but-unfortunately I don't think they sent someone. I ended up turning my tv up louder and covering my head to block out the "adults". The hotel itself is very nice, front desk girl could have a little more personality. We didn't eat in their restaurant though.

We went to Ripleys and that was really neat. We also went on the Sea Rocket (awesome!!), kids played laser storm, we played mini golf, lots of shopping. Lots of sunblock is needed if you decide to walk the boardwalk during the day. We might go back next year or we might go somewhere else. If we do go back next year we will stay somewhere with a pool-beach gets really crowded. Have fun to all who are going there!

Baltimore
Level Contributor
684 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Phillips

dncnhpy,

this is the dreaded 'June Bugs' week.

seniors graduate that time an head to the Ocean, here in MD.

Mom and Dad will usually get a bill when they get back..ie damages, parking Tix,etc..

anyelse that go's and has the same problem , Call OC's finest..911..they will settle things down REAL quick...

they don't play games with underage drinking and unfort.'ly sometimes fatal things happen, kids falling off balconies,2 or above stories high is not a happy vacation..

so sry you guys picked this week to go...

must try it again, but keep away from June ,early to mid...

lots of places have big pools and are on the 'ocean-block' side..