We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday Inn Oceanfront

Westchester, New...
Level Contributor
596 posts
80 reviews
Save Topic
Holiday Inn Oceanfront

Has any one stayed here that could give me the pros and cons of this hotel?

We will taking our two grandchildren there in July for 4 nights 5 days. Ages 15 and 6.

Rates are not cheap and I have read mixed reviews. What I really want to know is it clean? I don't want to take the kids to a dump.

Thanks in advance.

suz
Derby, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
4,683 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Holiday Inn Oceanfront

I thought it was ok, not anything special - The Quality Inn on the boardwalk has a much nicer pool, is comparable in style and cleanliness, and has cheaper rates.

I loved the Beachmark's set up as well, although it is not on the boardwalk - If you are looking for really nice, look at the Princess Bayside - they have a great roof top pool, and it is a nice hotel.

York, PA
Level Contributor
788 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Holiday Inn Oceanfront

I assume that you are talking about the Holiday Inn on 67th Street, not the newer one on 17th Street which costs a fortune to stay at during the summer. I stayed there one time, but I was too small to remember much about it. The hotel was recently renovated and is quite satisfactory. While the hotel is not a dump, it certainly isn't a five star hotel either. If you really want to know what this hotel is like, visit their website at www.holidayinnoceanfront.com. You can even take a virtual tour of the hotel! I think that the indoor pool area is quite nice-we went in the springtime when it was too cold to use the outdoor pool. I trust that the hotel will be fine for you. Some people on here just like to complain. If you are concerned about money, children 19 and younger stay free here. I hope that you have a good time.

Westchester, New...
Level Contributor
596 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Holiday Inn Oceanfront

Thank you for your replies. I wasn't looking for the Ritz just

something clean and everything working. I did book the 67th st

property but wanted some feed back from anyone that has visited this hotel. The other Holiday Inn was like 350 a night.

A little too expensive for us. We will be out and about most of the time. Any comments are appreciated. (good or bad)

Thanks...

Blacklick, Ohio
Level Contributor
155 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Holiday Inn Oceanfront

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Oceanfront several years ago and it was nice and clean. It has a good restaurant in it and the staff was pleasant. Enjoy your vacation!