We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ocean City Maryland vs Virginia Beach Vs any other beach

Ashland
Level Contributor
14 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Ocean City Maryland vs Virginia Beach Vs any other beach

We have 3 teenagers and coming to D.C, area for vacation. We want to go to beach for a day. What would you suggest?

maryland
Level Contributor
2,559 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ocean City Maryland vs Virginia Beach Vs any other beach

i'jm not that familiar with virginia beach, but in my limited experience, i'd say that it's a CITY.

ocean city is a tourist town....lotta high rises on the beach, very commercial, nice long boardwalk.

delaware beaches....rehoboth is a true small town with a year round population, very charming.

dewey beach...the commercial area is kinda "old timey beach shacky" at this point and the little hidden residential areas north of the commercial area are very very charming.

depends what you want.

i'd think with 3 teenagers, for one day....OC might be your best bet.

more on the boardwalk to appeal to teenagers. and a nice beach.

2. Re: Ocean City Maryland vs Virginia Beach Vs any other beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:16 pm, September 04, 2009