We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traveling between downtown Baltimore and BWI airport by MTA

Manchester, New...
Level Contributor
2 posts
68 reviews
Save Topic
Traveling between downtown Baltimore and BWI airport by MTA

Be sure that you board a train that says "BWI Thurgood Marshall

Airport when you leave downtown Baltimore going southbound, do NOT get on the train marked "Cromwell" for this one does NOT go to BWI!

Maryland, USA
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
2,814 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Traveling between downtown Baltimore and BWI airport by MTA

I am sorry if your trip was disrupted. I always try to include this advice when recommending the light rail on this forum.

It's funny, the LR has been around for more than 15 years and is a very popular method to get to and from sporting events downtown and yet I still hear locals getting on the wrong train to go back home.

Manchester, New...
Level Contributor
2 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Traveling between downtown Baltimore and BWI airport by MTA

No worries, me and my brother got off at Ferndale and took a northbound Light Rail to Linthicum and then got back on a southbound BWI train, lesson learned!

3. Re: Traveling between downtown Baltimore and BWI airport by MTA

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, October 17, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Linthicum Heights