We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Camping-deep creek

Which Cumberland hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
maryland
3 posts
Save Topic
Camping-deep creek

Does anyone know of a good campground near Deep Creek Lake?

While we are there I am looking into riding the train, riding bikes along the C&O canal, going to Falling waters house tour.

Does anyone have any suggestions??

Blizz

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
239 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Camping-deep creek

Hi,

I visit Deep Creek every year but I've never stayed at any of the camp grounds, we always stay at the Carmel Cove INN (a lovely B&B or we rent a house with friends.

Check out www.garrettchamber.com, it lists everything there is to see and do in Deep Creek. The area is GORGEOUS and the people are very friendly. I was also pleasantly surprised on my first trip that prices are a little cheaper in Western Maryland in comparison to the DC/Baltimore region where I live.

Have a great trip!

Pacific Grove...
Destination Expert
for Monterey, Carmel, Pacific Grove, Monterey County
Level Contributor
5,363 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Camping-deep creek

I don't know about campgrounds, but I wanted to mention that when we visited there in 1982 (I know, that was eons ago), we went to see an area that is a "subarctic swamp," full of the craziest vegetation you'd ever expect to see in Maryland. It was amazing. Ask around when you're there.

Pacific Grove...
Destination Expert
for Monterey, Carmel, Pacific Grove, Monterey County
Level Contributor
5,363 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Camping-deep creek

Blizz, I was curious and I found this website. It's called the Cranesville sub-arctic swamp: www.deepcreektimes.com/kids/august2003.html

Maryland
Level Contributor
441 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Camping-deep creek

I camped there about 4 or 5 years ago. I made a reservation at Deep Creek Lake State Park - just do a google search. But, you should make a reservation first - there are a limited number of campsites. All in all, it was very nice for a campground. I'm a little biased on the subject because I absolutely hate camping! Oh well, it was on my life long list of things to do and now I am happy to say it is crossed off!!

Seriously - check out the website. There were lots of things to do there - fish, swim, hike, bike ride.

Good Luck!

Get answers to your questions about Cumberland