We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

YMCA Nat'ls at University of Maryland

Which College Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
283 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
YMCA Nat'ls at University of Maryland

We will be staying at the Quality Inn & Suites for the Y's swimming nat'ls the last week of July. We plan on extending our trip over the weekend to visit DC. Is this hotel close/convenient to travel into DC so we could stay here? Thanks for your help.

OhioTrav

Annapolis
Destination Expert
for Annapolis
Level Contributor
661 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: YMCA Nat'ls at University of Maryland

According to their website, the metro is only three blocks away. Metro is perfect for getting into and around DC.

Laurel, Maryland
Level Contributor
435 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: YMCA Nat'ls at University of Maryland

The best way to visit DC is to go by Metro. There is a station in College Park that is on the green line. If you don't want to walk to the station and have a car, there is free parking at the station on the weekend.

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
283 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: YMCA Nat'ls at University of Maryland

Thanks for the helpful information. We are looking forward to seeing DC

near Washington DC
Level Contributor
230 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: YMCA Nat'ls at University of Maryland

I've stayed there. It not fancy. But it looks like the price is right. When the students are in school, it can be a rowdy location but I think you're good in July.

You're in a good location to catch the Metro. Just go north on Rte 1 and then right on Paint Branch Parkway (across from the main U of MD entrance). I'd say you're about a mile from the Metro. You want to take the metro and not drive to DC (trust me). Get off at the Archives stop of the Green Line (http:\\www.wmata.com) and you're on Pennsylvania Avenue between the White House and the Capitol. Cross Pennsylvania Ave, walk 2 blocks and you're on the Mall near the Smithsonian Museum of Natural History. Its all very safe (in fact DC is spectacular to tour after sunset).

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
283 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: YMCA Nat'ls at University of Maryland

Thanks so much!

6. Re: YMCA Nat'ls at University of Maryland

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, January 07, 2011