We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lodging in College Park, MD

Which College Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
West Bend, WI
1 post
Save Topic
Lodging in College Park, MD

Traveling alone to the University for a mid week event. Usually would opt for a B+B or a hostel. Any on campus facilities for guests? Cost, proximity are issues. Thanks for your help

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
1,459 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lodging in College Park, MD

Marriott has an inn and conference center on campus. It is called the UMUC Inn and Conference Center by Marriott (www.umucmarriott.com). It is actually a nice hotel that has two distinct hotel buildings. Try to ask for a room in the newer wing. These rooms are large and what you would typically find at a Marriott. There is nothing wrong with the other building (it is clean and remodeled), but used to be a dorm, so the rooms are much smaller (each has a private bathroom).

Otherwise, there is not a lot else in College Park that is of quality. There is a Holiday Inn, Hampton Inn, Comfort Inn as well a Marriott in Greenbelt and a Fairfield Inn in Laurel. I would personally stay away from other hotels in College Park. UMUC is by far the easiest for being on campus.

Maryland
Level Contributor
380 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lodging in College Park, MD

Given that cost is an issue for you, I doubt that the Marriott on campus will work out. If you are looking for something cheaper, check out the Follin Guest House in College Park. I don't think they have a web site, but if you google this exact phrase-- "Follin Guest House" --you will find various University of Maryland web pages that provide information on cheap local hotel and guest house options and contact information for Follin's. I do not know much about this place, but I talked with a foreign professor who was staying there about a year ago, and she said it was a reasonable place to stay--but, of course, people's expectations vary. It has shared baths, so if that's a problem for you it won't work. The neighborhood is fine, but given its proximity to the campus attracts its fair share of criminals so I wouldn't recommend walking to Metrorail after dark or early in the morning.

The cheap motels in Route 1 in College Park are complete dives and you should avoid them.

NY
Level Contributor
1,428 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lodging in College Park, MD

The hampton inn in college park is lovely. No problems with any of my visits there. It's clean, and modern.

OHIO
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lodging in College Park, MD

The Clarion Inn was a confortable place to stay. If you are a single and safety an issue ask for a interrior room. The staff was very friendly and helpful they also have a free shuttle to the university.

5. Re: Lodging in College Park, MD

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:19 pm, September 11, 2009