We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

North beach md area , any free beaches around???

newburgh , ny
3 posts
Save Topic
North beach md area , any free beaches around???

My sister and I (and our husbands + 7 children) are renting a house in north beach. We didnt realize there was a daily (no weekly pass avail.) to use the beach. It adds up when you have so many children! Any other beaches around the area that are cheaper or free? Thanks!

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
53 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: North beach md area , any free beaches around???

Yes you do have to pay for the beach at North Beach. They keep it nice and clean, whereas the free ones are not as appealing. My dh lived in Chesapeake Beach for 9 months during job relocating. It is off of bayside road. There is a small parking lot and then you have to walk a path/road down to the beach. I wish I could give better directions.

Mentioned in this post
North Beach
North Beach
Calvert County, MD
Mount Pleasant...
Level Contributor
1,070 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: North beach md area , any free beaches around???

If you're staying in North Beach and want a "free beach" then head back towards Chesapeake Beach on the main drag through town. Go through the light at the corner of 260 & 261 (on 261). You'll pass the Waterpark, the marinas and then the school (Beach Elementary). As you leave town there is an entrance to the beach on your left (across from the new development). Park there and walk down to the beach. Its free but as previously mentioned not as clean as the pay beach in NB. The boardwalk starts here and goes for about 3/4 mile back towards the Rod & Reel but not all the way. Enjoy.

Mentioned in this post
North Beach
North Beach
Calvert County, MD
newburgh , ny
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: North beach md area , any free beaches around???

Thank you so much!! Cant wait to visit your town!

Mount Pleasant...
Level Contributor
1,070 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: North beach md area , any free beaches around???

This is a locals secret so I ask that you don't share with too many but here goes. From North Beach head the opposite direction than Chesapeake Beach on 261. As you leave North Beach you will cross into Anne Arundel County and enter the little town of Rose Haven. Follow this road all the way until it makes a very hard turn to the left at Herrington Harbor. There is a huge marina, restaurant, pool and some nice cabanas for lodging. The pool has a daily cost involved which IMHO is too high. The entrance to the cabanas is a right where the road turns left. They have a very nice little beach right on their property and as long as you're not bringing an entire school bus, they normally let locals come over and use the beach. They often host weddings on the property and most weekends there are fireworks at dusk associated with the wedding.

Mentioned in this post
North Beach
North Beach
Calvert County, MD
5. Re: North beach md area , any free beaches around???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:36 am, October 08, 2009