We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Long Beach Motor Inn-York Beach, Maine

Hamden, CT
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Topic
Long Beach Motor Inn-York Beach, Maine

We stayed at this beautiful, immaculate inn over the July 4th weekend. I was fortunate to see it on line and it is even more beautiful when there. The grounds are very well kept and the rooms are clean, cozy and has all the ammenities that anyone could ask for or want. The inn keepers are pleasant and accommodating. They were always there to meet our requests. The pride they have for their facility is very apparent. Their is everything from shuffleboard, heated pool, grilling facilities, in short you name it, it's there. The security is an added comfort. We look forward to going back in the near future. I would highly recommend this inn to anyone.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
4,109 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Long Beach Motor Inn-York Beach, Maine

Why did you find the "security" comforting? York Beach is not exactly what I'd call a scary area! And please tell us more about "all the amenities that anyone could ask for or want!" Room Service? Turn-down service? Free local phone calls? Inexpensive long distance? Wi Fi? Do tell !

And what type of requests did you have that the innkeepers met so efficiently?

pleasanton
14 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Long Beach Motor Inn-York Beach, Maine

Joe have you ever woken up in the morning to find your car tires slashed ? Why don't you read the police reports

in the July 19 edition of the York Independent ref July 11 2006 at the cliff house hotel .Try the Portsmouth daily news online police reports.

Then come back and tell every one why any of the York Beach business shouldn't have security ?

Try hard to think , and imagine the expense those few business spend and put out for there guest !

It was a great comfort for us in 2004 there security !

That is the major reason i vacation at Long Beach Motor Inn , and will be back in early August . Security .

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
4,109 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Long Beach Motor Inn-York Beach, Maine

Thanks. I have never heard of tire-slashing in Maine. I will be sure to stay elsewhere if this area has a tire-slashing problem.

pleasanton
14 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Long Beach Motor Inn-York Beach, Maine

Every one deserves to know !

July 11

8:59 a.m. -- It was reported that two vehicles' tires were slashed while they were parked at the Cliff House on Shore Road. The cars, which were allegedly parked in handicap-accessible spaces, both had four-inch slashes in their tires. The worth of at least one tire was estimated to be $150.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
4,109 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Long Beach Motor Inn-York Beach, Maine

Yikes! Like I said before, I'm stayin' the heck outta YORK !

New Hampshire
Level Contributor
9 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Long Beach Motor Inn-York Beach, Maine

Had a great laugh reading this. My family and extended family used to stay at Grey Gull Cottages for years before my parents built their own home on the Nubble. York Beach has changed a lot since those days, but I really don't think the crime has increase dramatically. Slashing tires? It probably was an isolated incident, unlike the criminal restraining arrest that still continues to this day at a location along the beach, and we all know what I'm referring to.

pleasanton
14 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Long Beach Motor Inn-York Beach, Maine

Friday, June 16

An employee at the Inn at Long Sands on Long Beach Avenue reported at 7:26 a.m. that a fountain worth $250 that had been in front of the business had been vandalized

Get answers to your questions about York Beach