We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Inn on Blues was a HEINOUS experience

Which York Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
NH
1 post
Save Topic
Inn on Blues was a HEINOUS experience

The manager gave away my reservation(he called me to say he made a mistake 6 hours before our arriival), and referred us to a motel next door... I personnally killed 3 cockroaches, and then when i went to take a nap at the nasty place....JOY UPON JOY.. the sheets looked like chocholate chip ice cream with all the black bugs.(We rapidly left there and paid top dollar at another place).The Inn on Blues manager then said we would get a free dinner and the best seats in the house for the band that we had paid 30$ to see at his Inn.... Some free dinner, frozen egg rolls, cheeseless nachos... AND they overbooked the bar (by his own admission he stated that he had 152 patrons coming) The occupancy limit had to be only 70 max. As we tried to eat our nasty meal, we kept getting jostled by other patrons, waitstaff apologized and guaranteed that when music started, they would clear away... NOT.... Couldn't see the band, couldn't eat the food (WHICH HE CHARGED US FOR !!!) and had to pay again for another room at the Union Hotel (which was lovely, albeit nonsmoking).

MY ADVICE IS TO STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE................

Maine
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Inn on Blues was a HEINOUS experience

The Inn on the Blues is the best place that I have ever been in my life! The "steak frites" was the most delicous steak I have ever ate in my entire life. I have eaten at many prestigous restraunts such as blue sky, vento, angelica's kitchen, and michael's kitchen al of which being awesome places, but the Inn on the Blues is equal if not superior to these places. The new addition to the Inn on the Blues such as the loung and the new chef, Taylor Miller, have made the Inn on the Blues the best place on the seacoast. I am signed up to the Inn on the Blues email list. The Inn on the Blues will be featured in the Summer Issue of "Taste Magazine". L E T S T A L K A B O U T T H E I N N!

The Inn is the best pace to stay! Thats all I can say because that about sums it up!!!!!!!!! There may be one wrong thing with the Inn on the Blues, ounce I had waited a while for my food because of the over the top customers, I understand!

Boston
1 post
Save Reply
12. Re: Inn on Blues was a HEINOUS experience

My wedding was in the Ogunquit/York area and we sent our guests to Inn on the Blues the night of the rehearsal dinner. The wedding party joined the rest of the guests there after dinner. The owner was very accomodating, the food was good and the entertainment was excellent. Everyone we spoke to was pleased with our choice of venue. I have nothing but nice things to say about the Innon the Blues. We will always stop in for a visit when we are in the area!

Portland
1 post
Save Reply
13. Re: Inn on Blues was a HEINOUS experience

My wife and I went to "THE INN ", last night to see Walter Trout. I find it hard to believe that the experience could've been more perfect. We arrived early(6 pm), to take advantage of the "first come. first serve" seating policy. Joe(owner) saw to it that we were given the "best seat in the house." AND IT WAS ! The food was great,plus our server Todd, was courteous, attentive and a real Pro at his job. A great selection of microbrews were available, too.

And the entertainment, well, let's just say that if you haven't seen Walter Trout , you're missing out on one of the WORLDS GREATEST GUITARIST, period.

Thanks again to Joe and crew for the highlight of our summer. I'll be back.

maine
1 post
Save Reply
14. Re: Inn on Blues was a HEINOUS experience

well let me tell you MY exoperience. I have been trying to contact the owner/manager for 3 months reguarding booking my rehearesal dinner there. He ALWAYS says he is busy he NEVER calls me back!! He acts like there is always something more important to do. his assistant who is supposed to be in charge of booking these functions could not even quote me a price!! I was like..umm isn;t that what you do??!! why am i chasing these guys down to give them a 100 person rehearsal dinner?!! shouldn't they be at my feet for all the buisness I am trying to give them?!!! sorry to "bother" you guys by trying to give you buisness! nevermind..i will go somewhere else!! NOt too mention they lied to me! the bar tender told me the assistant was off until thursday..when I got upset..somehow he miraculously appeared and was on the phone instantly!! I was like..what the??!!! Screw these guys...if they are so cocky as to not return a phone call when someone want to reserve their restaurant...then they deserve to lose the buisness!! I love how there are pictures of rehearsal dinners on their website..with NO people in them!! Probably because no one can EVER get a hold of them to boomk anything! and they can't even tell you how much it costs to book the room anyway!!! they have no idea!!! WOW!!!!!!

york beach maine
2 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Inn on Blues was a HEINOUS experience

My name is Joe Lipton. I am replying to the message just posted. I am in Florida dropping my daughter off at college. I did take the time (from Florida) to discuss this prospective function with my function manager and while helping to put together a quote for this party on my computer (from Florida)...I received an email notification...this review?!?!? This is the email we received only two days ago...

Hi. My name is ...... I am looking to have my rehearsal dinner at your location on friday may ..st 2010. I would like a quote for how much it is to reserve downstairs for about 80 people ..maybe more or less..not sure yet. We have your menu and are interested in the chefs platter the one for $350. Maybe we would do a couple of those with cash bar. I was wondering what is included with those platters. I believe it said they would feed 75 people.

If you could please e-mail me back or call me directly at ...... I am very anxious to get this booked as I don't want to lose this date! We are getting married at the union bluff hotel on may 22nd so your location is Perfect for our rehearsal dinner!

Looking forward to hearing from you soon!

Again sent only 2 days ago....

Planning a wedding can be stressful..we try to respond to all requests promptly and assist the bride and groom always!

Our photos...they show the space...not the people! Our functions have made many a bride and groom happy with lots of wonderful memories! That is important to us!

16. Re: Inn on Blues was a HEINOUS experience

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 7:35 pm, August 26, 2009
Boston
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Inn on Blues was a HEINOUS experience

I have stayed at the inn many times with family and friends and have ALWAYS had a great time. Joe has always been friendly and helpful and I would, and have recomended this place to everyone I know and I will be back again. Pete

18. Re: Inn on Blues was a HEINOUS experience

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, April 14, 2010
Get answers to your questions about York Beach