We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Long Beach Motor Inn -- BE AWARE!

Which York Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
california
2 posts
Save Topic
Long Beach Motor Inn -- BE AWARE!

Once again I came across this forum while researching motels in the area where my daughter attends camp. After reading further accounts of the owners' behavior and becoming ever more amazed, I decided to google the name of the inn and "complaints." (I assume that town business leaders wanting to protect tourism and preserve community spirit would not be happy with the owners' behavior. I expected to see articles regarding investigations, lawsuits, etc.)

Imagine my horror when the first entry that came up is a misspelled, nearly illegible but unmistakable LBMI-created page that not only disparages Trip Advisor but identified contributors by name, address, phone number and even photos! Aside from being bad business and turning away customers, is this even legal?

Bay City, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Michigan
Level Contributor
5,258 posts
1,279 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Long Beach Motor Inn -- BE AWARE!

Yes, I find them entertaining, also. That is why I asked today on the ME forum the name of the motel again, since I had forgotten and wanted to take a peek if there was any more posts about this since I looked last summer. LOL, yes, not very nice but I needed some travel funnies since we are freezing....lol.

Central Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
Level Contributor
6,667 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Long Beach Motor Inn -- BE AWARE!

Can't believe this old chestnut is back again !!! As if several dozen posts within 2009 weren't enough already.....

Funny how many of the comments regarding this property come from posters with less than a dozen TA posts.......????

York, Maine
Level Contributor
905 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Long Beach Motor Inn -- BE AWARE!

I can tell you I've been on TA for almost 5 years, have made numerous contributions in forums, reviews restaurants and resort and I have NEVER IN MY LIFE encoutered the rudeness of the woman at the Long Beach Motor Inn. I ask anyone - call there, block your number so if they "know" you they won't know it's you, and see how awful they treat you. I can't believe the local paper hasn't done a story on them yet. THEY ARE NUTJOBS!! It's absolutely hysterical. I wonder what'll happen when the old woman passes away....

Massachusetts
1 post
Save Reply
14. Re: Long Beach Motor Inn -- BE AWARE!

Last summer, my family and I stayed at the Anchorage in York (fabulous). My mother, son, daughter and I walked to the LBMI to inquire about rates and availability for the next week. We were practically run off the property by the owner. My son was eating an ice cream and happened to ask her if we could drop his napkin in the trash. She told us to take our trash and be on our way. She refused to give us any information about the place and we just laughed all the way down the driveway. I think she's crazy. We travel to Maine several times each summer and she will never get our business!

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
194 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Long Beach Motor Inn -- BE AWARE!

They struck again.. They posted personal information on their website (hi tech method I'm sure of google searching the phone number that called them as the review states they did) of another tripadvisor member.

Like it really matters anyway, but if they are so "Raged" against the tripadvisor machine they would of not posted fake reviews about their property and also sue tripadvisor for the IP addresses for anyone here on tripadvisor.com who posts "negative" or "false and phony" reviews.

The "freedom of information" right is alive and well except when it's a negative opinion for the owners of the LBMI. When tripadvisor creates a top ten for craziest motels, they will win #1.

Hey, it's way better than winning #1 for dirtiest right?

pleasanton
14 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: Long Beach Motor Inn -- BE AWARE!

You forgot to sign your name Stephen ?

Barre, Massachusetts
Level Contributor
144 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Long Beach Motor Inn -- BE AWARE!

For those that love reading about this place, just wanted to let you know there's a bunch of recent reviews. It seems they're nuttier than ever.

New York
Level Contributor
73 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Long Beach Motor Inn -- BE AWARE!

WHOA!!!! What about someone ACTUALLY stayed there in one recent eview? I always passed the place and thought how lovely it looked from the outside but after Tripadvisor reviews we didn't even bother to inquire,,,lol~

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
4,109 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Long Beach Motor Inn -- BE AWARE!

Yes, they must be desperate for business, they are actually letting people stay there now instead of chasing them out of town!

20. Re: Long Beach Motor Inn -- BE AWARE!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, January 27, 2011
Get answers to your questions about York Beach